Allure chops or Giovanni????

Jmeyers

Chops or Giovanni on Allure? Which would you choose?

Everyone is going to tell you to choose Giovanni's and they will all be wrong. :)

They are also going to tell you that the steak in Giovanni's is better than the one in Chops and they will all be wrong about that too. :D

I don't like picking one over the other... on a cruise, I would do both.

Now... if for whatever reason it was going to be only one of the two, I would personally go Chops. On both Grandeur and Allure, we've very much enjoyed our visits to Chops. Have only done Giovanni's on Allure, but it was a great experience too. However out of the two, if I could only pick one... it would be Chops.

• 1 month later...

Right now RC has a BOGO 2 Night Dining Package, so both! That's what I'm doing anyway.

Overview

Experience two of our specialty restaurants for the price of one when you purchase the BOGO 2 Night Dining Package for your cruise vacation. Select your dining party and your preferred dining time and a courtesy dinner reservation will be made on your behalf once onboard in two specialty restaurants for the first two nights of your cruise. On Day 1, you will receive your reservations confirmation in your stateroom. If you would like to amend your dinner reservations, simply visit one of our Hospitality Desks or any specialty restaurant.

Kids ages 6-12 now dine at our specialty restaurants for a discounted price. Ages 5 and under eat free! Plus, little cruisers get their very own menu - a round-up of kid-friendly favorites from the "grownups" menu.

Insider Tips

• This offer requires dining on Days 1 and 2
  • You can make amendments or additional reservations on your first day onboard to guarantee preferred dining time and restaurants
  • Our staff can add your kids to your existing reservation at kids' prices once onboard

I prefer Giovanni's. Chops atmosphere was much more hectic and while service was very good our food was ready so quickly we felt rushed. Also it was so noisy it was easier to converse with the people sitting next to us than with each other. If you get a dinner package (I am not sure what ships offer these) but you might try 150 Central Park (if you are on Oasis class). Very nice atmosphere and service ... quieter, although I like the menu in Giovanni's better

Right now RC has a BOGO 2 Night Dining Package, so both! That's what I'm doing anyway.

Overview

Experience two of our specialty restaurants for the price of one when you purchase the BOGO 2 Night Dining Package for your cruise vacation. Select your dining party and your preferred dining time and a courtesy dinner reservation will be made on your behalf once onboard in two specialty restaurants for the first two nights of your cruise. On Day 1, you will receive your reservations confirmation in your stateroom. If you would like to amend your dinner reservations, simply visit one of our Hospitality Desks or any specialty restaurant.

Kids ages 6-12 now dine at our specialty restaurants for a discounted price. Ages 5 and under eat free! Plus, little cruisers get their very own menu - a round-up of kid-friendly favorites from the "grownups" menu.

Insider Tips

• You can make amendments or additional reservations on your first day onboard to guarantee preferred dining time and restaurants
  • Our staff can add your kids to your existing reservation at kids' prices once onboard

Where do you find the BOGO deal?

Overview

Insider Tips

Hi

Can I ask on what ship you're sailing that is offering this BOGO offer? We're sailing on Allure in February and haven't seen anything like this. Sounds like something we'd be interested in...

This a very ship specific question and Chops is very inconsistent ship to ship. Chops on Allure was, to us, pretty poor. (But 2 weeks ago on Empress it was spectacular). When we go back to Allure I doubt we will go back to its Chops. On the other hand, I have found Giovanni's to be pretty consistent through the fleet. And on Allure it didn't disappoint.

Definitely a Giovanni's vote on Allure.