Please post your excursion experiences

As I research ports of call to decide what I might like to do in a port, it's sometimes difficult because there aren't that many posts about experiences people have had. I know that hundreds of people are doing excursions in each port. Someone must have something to say! Please take the time postcruise to not only post a review of your cruise, but to also post on the ports of call board your experience with each excursion that you chose. It makes it so much easier to make an informed decision for the people who come after you.

There is a dedicated part of the CC boards that deal with ports of call. When you click on boards, scroll further down and you will see each port listed by itself. This may help you find what you need rather than hoping posters did the same itinerary you're doing.

ALL done through RCCL

Cruise #1 - snorkeling in Nassau.. had a GREAT time, Kyack nature tour in Key West (one of the best trips ever!)

Cruise #2 - Same Nassau trip (still great), Everglades air boat trip COMPLETE blast! Tour guide was AWESOME and ate an alligator burger, did some alligator wrestling. :) WHAT a trip!

Cruise #3 - Kyacked in Key West again, still the best trip ever (and we're die hard Key West fans...), Did a LOUSY snorkel trip in Cozumel. Was advertised as "advanced snorkelors only". HORRIBLE! Took about 2.5 hours longer than advertised so we didn't get any time in town, saw MINIMAL marine life and no reef. Yuk. Snorkeled in Belize to Rendesvoux (sp?) Caye and it was awesome! :) Had a MUCH better time than in Coz.

Cruise #4 happening in 3 weeks... We have the Canopy Tour booked in Ochi. We were also contemplating a snorkel trip in Coz (OBVIOUSLY a different one than above) but have held off booking anything in Coz for obvious reasons. Will book nothing in Grand Cayman because of price and will book nothing in Labadee because I'm looking forward to snorkeling on my own, and laying on a beach! :)

HOPE THIS HELPS! Let me know if you need me to elaborate on any of the above.

There is a dedicated part of the CC boards that deal with ports of call. When you click on boards, scroll further down and you will see each port listed by itself. This may help you find what you need rather than hoping posters did the same itinerary you're doing.

I don't think the OP was asking for everyone to put their reviews in this thread. I think they were trying to say, please post a review of your excursions in addition to a normal review you would do after a cruise. I could be wrong though. :)

Thank you, Cherub44 for pointing that out. That's exactly right. I'm trying to remind people to take the time to go to the ports of call board and report on their experiences when they return. Some ports get many postings, but some, like Curacao don't get many at all and it's very difficult to decide what to do there!

Archived