Just Received The Victory "Beautification" Letter

Fla Mike

I guess I knew it was coming. Just received the letter, for the 9-11-2016 sailing.

For those who who sailed her recently, a few questions about the late boarding.

Since boarding is now from 1:30 PM until 5 PM, what:

1. What time are the rooms ready to occupy?
  2. What time is sailing?
  3. What time is early seating?

I'm guessing that embarkation will be a zoo since no one thinks the rules apply to them, or they did not get the letter, my went to spam.

Wondering if FTTF is now a viable option for early boarding as more magically appeared after the price went up $10. ;)

Also, does anyone know what the 1st night diner menu was? Thinking about skipping the 1st night so we do not miss sail away. Unless they have the Spaghetti Carbonara!

In short, the 'Beautification' letter explains that they are upgrading the rooms.

Past posts have explained that the pink baths are gone, and being upgraded with blue accents. Also carpet and old tube TV's replaced.

Instead of doing a proper dry dock, I guess they are taking the cheap way out and doing the work while in port/at sea.

the letter states embarkation will now take place between 1:30 and 5, load supplies, but not much else.

In short, the 'Beautification' letter explains that they are upgrading the rooms.

Past posts have explained that the pink baths are gone, and being upgraded with blue accents. Also carpet and old tube TV's replaced.

Instead of doing a proper dry dock, I guess they are taking the cheap way out and doing the work while in port/at sea.

the letter states embarkation will now take place between 1:30 and 5, load supplies, but not much else.

Didn't they do that not too long ago at Port Canaveral?? Loaded supplies and repaired enroute instead of dry docking.

Thank you! I have heard that this was going on, but I can't find out much about it. I am trying to find out which floors have been completed. Please let me know if you hear anymore on this.

Thanks!!

If they are updating rooms and such and not doing major repairs that require a ship to be out of the water, is a "proper dry dock" necessary? I don't take my truck to a body shop for an oil change.

Well boo. I did purchase FTTF, mostly because I've got an impatient DH lol. And so, now seeing that 130 is the start of boarding, and those with Carnival transfers check in time being whenever they arrive, do they trump all others? If so, it seems like FTTF is now really a waste of $$.

Ok, now that I know, I can answer.

They are NOT taking the cheap way out. Dry docks by law need to occur about once every 5 years. They need to be scheduled well in advance, as in 9 months to a year. They are also VERY expensive, as the ship is also not generating revenue at the time. In the meantime, you can do stuff like that while the ship is at sea, rather than wait for dry dock.

In essence, they are trying to make the ship better, while not waiting for the expense of the next dry dock. That sounds very prudent and good business for both the company and passengers.

So, you're a little late in boarding, boo hoo! :p

At this point I can say that this thread has much ado about nothing! Sorry.:cool:

Ok, now that I know, I can answer.

They are NOT taking the cheap way out. Dry docks by law need to occur about once every 5 years. They need to be scheduled well in advance, as in 9 months to a year. They are also VERY expensive, as the ship is also not generating revenue at the time. In the meantime, you can do stuff like that while the ship is at sea, rather than wait for dry dock.

In essence, they are trying to make the ship better, while not waiting for the expense of the next dry dock. That sounds very prudent and good business for both the company and passengers.

So, you're a little late in boarding, boo hoo! :p

At this point I can say that this thread has much ado about nothing! Sorry.:cool:

I agree with you. The people having issues, would they rather the entire cruise be canceled?

Thank you Lou for clarifying.

I am not having issues, and I am not complaining about boarding late, my original questions were in regards to if early dining was pushed back, sail-away times, and a mess come embarkation. with longer lines. etc.

Perhaps I was wrong in my phrasing about dry docking, my original thinking, which I obviously did not convey correctly, was that maybe this could have been done at the same time as the ship was already laid up in dry dock late last year, in 2015.

In my opinion, to put her back in the water and do the work, is a money grab. This could have been finished months ago.

I've been on plenty of cruises and worked in the industry for some pretty ruthless people who knew how to turn a ship (think Arthur Pollock) so I feel I have a some type, if limited, understanding how things work.

Absolutely amazing how people have to get in their in the 2 cents worth, with ignoring my original questions.