55plus cruise line

Geerts87

Will we feel out of place because we are in our 30's?

This is our first cruise but we booked it because it's a new ship, we are both low key, and heard Viking is a good quality cruise line.

We enjoy company the company of 55 plus too.

Will we feel out of place because we are in our 30's?

This is our first cruise but we booked it because it's a new ship, we are both low key, and heard Viking is a good quality cruise line.

We enjoy company the company of 55 plus too.

Age is just a number. You will be sailing with the young at heart--and that's what counts.

The wife and I did a Viking River cruise a couple of years back. We were probably the youngest guests on board but it caused no issues. Met some great people and a bonus was that the bar would be almost deserted by 2230.

I assume the Viking Ocean cruisers will be similar age group to their river cruisers. We will test that theory on the Viking Homelands cruise in September 2017.

Phil

55+ ... does that mean I'm not a "senior" ... yet? - LOL

I'm too old for the 18-35's Contiki Tours but not old enough yet to get any senior discounts ... stuck in limbo ;)

It depends on what you and your wife are looking for ... we have yet to cruise Viking but it is one of several options we are still exploring as it offers a more intimate more refined experience. The best way to "experience" what a cruise line offers without actually being onboard is to look for You Tube reviews of the various cruise lines/ships ... it'll give you an idea of what you would like to get from a cruise ...

Several years back I traveled, as a single in her mid 50's, to Antarctica on the HMS Discovery. It carried approx. 250 people mostly British and 55+. I had a grand ole time staying up late with my newfound friends, couples and singles in their 30's, 50's and 60's. A few were even 20 yr. olds traveling with parents. If you are open to meeting new people (and it sounds like you are) you'll have no problem. I doubt very late nights will be happening on this trip though. The touring schedule is quite different than in The Antarctic, where we had afternoon Zodiac trips ashore to see the wildlife and sleeping in was not a problem.