Vista NYC Sailings Will Be Staggered Check-In

Canadian_J

John Heald just announced in his live video this morning that NYC will now feature staggered check-in beginning on Nov 5 for Vista (and Oct 1 for Sunshine). That means that Vista's Nov 5 and Nov 16 cruises will both be staggered check-in, as many people had already predicted.

Carnival's site hasn't been updated with this info yet and I couldn't find a way to choose a check-in time on my online check-in, so it doesn't look like this has gone live yet.

I think this should definitely help with crowding at what is a very busy port. Hope everyone can get the slot they want, I suggest choosing ASAP!

We're doing a B2B (the Transatlantic on October 21st followed by the November 5th cruise). :D Will we still have to choose a check in time for the Nov 5th cruise? I assume so since we do have to fill out our online check in but I just wanted to see what my fellow CCers thought. If we do have to select a time, should we choose the earliest time available or the latest time available (to free up an early time for a new passenger coming aboard who really wants/needs it)?

We're doing a B2B (the Transatlantic on October 21st followed by the November 5th cruise). :D Will we still have to choose a check in time for the Nov 5th cruise? I assume so since we do have to fill out our online check in but I just wanted to see what my fellow CCers thought. If we do have to select a time, should we choose the earliest time available or the latest time available (to free up an early time for a new passenger coming aboard who really wants/needs it)?

I very well may be wrong, but isn't there a two day gap (Nov 3-5) between those two cruises?

I very well may be wrong, but isn't there a two day gap (Nov 3-5) between those two cruises?

Yes, there are 2 days in-between cruises. we get to stay on the ship during those 2 days and use it as a hotel (they'll feed us as well). :D I just wasn't sure how it was going to work getting off from the 1st cruise, getting new S&S cards, being able to come and go from the ship for those 2 days (some kind of a shore pass maybe?), and now Staggered Check In. I've only done a B2B where they 2 cruises end and start on the same day and I've never been to a port with Staggered Check In.

Yes, there are 2 days in-between cruises. we get to stay on the ship during those 2 days and use it as a hotel (they'll feed us as well). :D I just wasn't sure how it was going to work getting off from the 1st cruise, getting new S&S cards, being able to come and go from the ship for those 2 days (some kind of a shore pass maybe?), and now Staggered Check In. I've only done a B2B where they 2 cruises end and start on the same day and I've never been to a port with Staggered Check In.

They're letting you stay on for the two days?! Now that's pretty cool :cool: I hope you have an amazing time!

They're letting you stay on for the two days?! Now that's pretty cool :cool: I hope you have an amazing time!

Yes, they are letting us stay on the ship for those 2 days, it's very cool!! :D They're going to feed us as well but I think I'd rather go to some of the restaurants on land, NYC has so many awesome ones. We've been to NYC a few times and it's one of our favourite places to visit. :D We're trying to think of things to do that we haven't done yet. That's why I was wondering what check in time we should choose for the 2nd cruise because we have to fill out our Online Check In for both cruises and to complete that, we have to choose a check in time. It seems stupid to have to choose a check in time when we'll already be on the ship but that's the way it is. I'm not sure if it would be better for us to choose an early or late one. :confused:

Sailing Nov 16. Where do I find check in times? I have already completed paperwork. When I go to check in page,nothing is changed.

Thanks for the help!

"sometime" later this week, carnival will update the site followed by an official announcement. right now, it is a wait and see and just keep checking the carnival site.

Sailing Nov 16. Where do I find check in times? I have already completed paperwork. When I go to check in page,nothing is changed.

Thanks for the help!

As previously mentioned, it is not possible to choose your check-in times for New York City sailings. Standby, as this will apparently go online this week.

We just received the official email announcement concerning staggered check-in times for November 16th. The website is not up-dated yet however. :(

The site went online yesterday morning. You may need to log out of Carnival's site then log back in for it to work.