Ultimate Balcony Dinner Review

rob_ n_tam

Just have to add my thanks for this great review! And pictures on top of that too! It looks and sounds great. I had already thought that between photos, flowers, champagne, and food it was not a bad price. Think I will use my onboard credits to do this for sure on our Thanksgiving Grand cruise! icon_smile.gif

Star Princess March 2003

Grand Princess June 2002

Golden Princess December 2001

Mercury June 2001

Zaandam August 2000

>>>>Rob now..

I may be mistaken but,I believe the "Ultimate Balcony Dinner" may only be offered on the Caribbean Princess. This was defintely a once in a lifetime event. Sitting at home $100 sounds rich but $100 in vaction mode won't seem as much. Tamie had offered to not buy a second formal dress and use the money she would have spent on a second formal outfit for toward this... I would rather not play Bingo and save that money to pay for it, if it was a concern.

Not very often that a man can give his wife something this special and romantic.... and really enjoy it too. This is one of those precious memories we will always have.

Rob

Carnival Paradise 4/01 Western Caribbean

Carnival Paradise 3/02 Southern Caribbean

Caribbean Princess 5/1/04... Is it over already???

It sounds like a bargain!

I do remember getting a flyer in our mailbox on Island Princess for both the balcony dinner and the balcony breakfast. The people below us had the breakfast on the morning we went through the Canal, so we got to watch the gastronomic feat/feast alongside the technological miracle. It didn't look quite as labor-intensive (for the staff) as what you're describing, but it looked great!

"I'm gonna book myself on that Princess Cruise."

-- Fox Mulder, X-Files 'Three Words'

Lidi- not sure about booking before you sail. Since the reservations are handled by Room Service, I don't know that anyone could help.

Nrknits- we did tip. I am not sure if the gratuity is included, nothing on the menu said it was. We left a $30 tip, we thought about less, couldn't decide on a number that would be split evenly if they did indeed split it.

I am going to try and surprise DW with this. Has anyone contacted Princess to find out if it is available on all the ships or just some? If not, I will do that today.

Specifically, I would like to know about the Golden. I think that on a Dolphin Mini-suite balcony, it would be quite nice, since we have all of that extra room.

JON

960426124355.gif

www.geocities.com/pattersandmenus

Golden Princess 7/11/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;7;11;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Big Red Boat-1993 (Amy)

Celebrity Zenith-1993 (Jon)

This sounds so great. Wanted to order it for DS and DIL for their anniversary on the Golden . Called Princess just now and they said it was a pilot program available on Caribbean Princess for now. Depending on how well it is received they will extend it to other Princess ships. BTW Princess has someone monitoring these boards so lets talk it up!

Ann

Until Golden Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;10;3;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Meyerhaus,
Your good at this. Start a thread they will be sure to see!
Put me down for extending the Ultimate Balcony Dinner to ALL PRINCESS SHIPS!

Ann

Until Golden Princess
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;10;3;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

You have sold us! We are on the 6/5/04 and our anniversary is on the 7th...that is when we will do it...you should work for Princess! You did such a great job!
Patrick

A bad day at sea is better than a good day at work

This sounds (and looks) FABULOUS! Soooo Princess PLEASE have it available on TP on September 24th sailing. PLEEEEASE? It's our 20th Anniversary & I'd Love LOVE LOVE to do this! It would make, what I'm expecting to be, an already memorable cruise A TOTALLY exquisite memory. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Warm Regards & Happy Cruising,
Ciao Holly

[url="http://www.magicandmemories.com/travels/mexriv2004.htm"]MexRiv Info[/url]

Tahitian Princess – French Polynesia SEP 24/04
<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">
<param name="font" value="lcdb0">
<param name="year" value=2004>
<param name="month" value=9>
<param name="day" value=24>
<param name="hour" value=5>
</applet>

Mercury - Mexican Riviera FEB 20/04
<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">
<param name="font" value="lcdb0">
<param name="year" value=2004>
<param name="month" value=2>
<param name="day" value=20>
<param name="hour" value=5>
</applet>

Sun Princess Panama Canal New Years ‘01
HAL Rotterdam WestCoast Repo Pre ‘98

Wow - what a great experience - thanks for the review! We just got off the Diamond and I don't think I heard about that option. Our first cruise 2 years ago for our 30th on the Golden I arranged for the Anniversary Package in our mini-suite. As we left NY harbor at dusk we were on our balcony sipping champagne, eating chocolate dipped strawberries and admiring the dozen red roses on the table. What a life - and did I have it made the rest of thr cruise :-) Had I known about this Balcony Dinner I could have really been somebody :-) Thanks again.

When I called last week, they said that only the Caribbea Princess offered the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. However, they said that, based on the reviews, they were looking to add it to others ships in the near future.

JON

[url="http://www.geocities.com/pattersandmenus"]www.geocities.com/pattersandmenus[/url]

Golden Princess Southern Caribbean-7/11/04
[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=4763056957&m=4253085267"]Click to go to the ROLL CALL![/url]

Big Red Boat-1993
Celebrity Zenith-1993

Thank you for the great review of the balcony dinner. I thought it sounded wonderful...now I'm convinced! Hopefully it will be available on our Mexican Riviera cruise in April '05. Thanks again for an informative and comprehensive review!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call. Wanted to sail upon your waters since I was three feet tall. You've seen it all, you've seen it all." Jimmy Buffett

Cruises:
RCCL Song of America May 1994
Grand Princess April 2003
Golden Princess April 2004

Next Cruise:
Diamond Princess April 2005

Thanks for the info! We will be on the Island to Alaska and I read somewhere about a Glacier Bay Champagne Breakfast on your bacolny. Has anyone done this?? I loved the description of balcony dining.

This sounds fantastic. If you can see this, Mr. Princess Man, will you make sure this Ultimate Balcony Dinner is available on the Sapphire on the June 27th sailing in cabin c205? [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Sapphire Princess 6/2004
Zuiderdam 11/2003
Grand Princess 9/1999
Carnival Imagination 1996

I have a stupid question.....what's the "bell box" that you call from? Is it just the phone in your room?

RCCL Navigator 04/16/05
Princess Caribbean 10/16/04
Disney Wonder 04/18/04
Carnival Carnivale 05/88

Go Red Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!! Hope they do this on the Island Princess Hawaii cruise next year ...would love the experience.

Thanks for taking the time to post such a detail description of this experience ...we are new to Princess ...and eager to learn about everything ...

Susan/John

Island Princess
Hawaii Cruise

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=221100&cdt=2005;02;03;4;00;00&timezone=GMT+0700[/img]</a>

</td></tr></table>
</center>

Archived