8/21 to 8/28 PEARL Alaska Cruise

Heather1972

First, thank you for the great review and video. Love it.

How much was the pedicab ride to city center from pier?

We did a 3 hour 15 minute tour with three people. So it's paid by time per person, not necessarily where you want to

go. We went along the waterfront and some neighborhoods, the gardens, downtown, the pier area. Basically a big circle around the town.

Anyway, in US dollars it was about $240 total. That also included a 20% tip and repayment for chocolates from Rogers chocolate store.

If you're looking to book a pedicab, definitely look up Scott Dolff with Victoria pedicab company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you write a review of the hotel on Trip Advisor? If so then you had every right to complain.

Glad you enjoyed your AK cruise on the Pearl - we have done AK three times now - most recently on the Pearl back in 12.

We did not have the UBP then but gladly paid for the Glacier bay drinks - we had a flyer in our cabin the day before allowing us to pre- order and have them delivered - we were also in a suite so perhaps that made a difference - but our butler did not deliver them - someone from the bar did.

Less than 20 days to go till we leave for 14 days on the Dawn - can't wait:)

It's kind of obvious which review on trip advisor is mine. It's a recent poor review of hotel 1000.

I'm thinking our lack of a flyer about the glacier Bay special drinks have something to do with our room steward. We had to ask for the customs form, the laundry form, well we just had to ask for a lot of things she should've just automatically brought to the room.

We did a 3 hour 15 minute tour with three people. So it's paid by time per person, not necessarily where you want to

go. We went along the waterfront and some neighborhoods, the gardens, downtown, the pier area. Basically a big circle around the town.

Anyway, in US dollars it was about $240 total. That also included a 20% tip and repayment for chocolates from Rogers chocolate store.

If you're looking to book a pedicab, definitely look up Scott Dolff with Victoria pedicab company.

Thanks Heather!

Awesome video and review. I am on this same cruise next year. Do you recommend flying in one or two days before the cruise? We are coming from Vermont. Thank you.

we did the same cruise, but on Aug 14th. I would plan on flying in 2 days before. We planned on that from Providence,RI and there was a huge rain/lightening storm that delayed us and would have missed our connecting flight and at that point no other flights to Seattle. We had to switch airlines and leave on Sat am instead of Friday for a sunday cruise

we did the same cruise, but on Aug 14th. I would plan on flying in 2 days before. We planned on that from Providence,RI and there was a huge rain/lightening storm that delayed us and would have missed our connecting flight and at that point no other flights to Seattle. We had to switch airlines and leave on Sat am instead of Friday for a sunday cruise

Did you fly Southwest out of PVD?