Staggered Check In for Miami is now available

GranthamMommy

thats the weird thing, Out of Miami the earliest you can choose is 11, but out of nyc it is 10:30. I was one of the first to log in and see it available I was checking 3-4 times a day. Also for the other cruises I have out of Miami I am able to choose as early as 10 am. wonder why the Vista is 11 out of Miami

I'm guessing (pure spec here) it's due to size of ship and need to clear ship in port and "kick out" the prior cruisers trying vainly to extend their stay. Also to help reduce the congestion at the terminal for people waiting to enter versus those still trying to retrieve their luggage. Might make early parking a bit easier.

You will note that many hotel shuttles and parking shuttles in Port Canaveral, for example, don't leave hotels or parking lots until after 11AM now.

I'm guessing (pure spec here) it's due to size of ship and need to clear ship in port and "kick out" the prior cruisers trying vainly to extend their stay. Also to help reduce the congestion at the terminal for people waiting to enter versus those still trying to retrieve their luggage. Might make early parking a bit easier.

You will note that many hotel shuttles and parking shuttles in Port Canaveral, for example, don't leave hotels or parking lots until after 11AM now.

Yes that's what I thought also, but then I saw that in NYC the Vista checkin starts at 10:30 who knows

Yes that's what I thought also, but then I saw that in NYC the Vista checkin starts at 10:30 who knows

it depends on the vista cruise. On my vista cruise in November, the ship will be empty for 2 days so checkin can start at 10:30 and then start boarding earlier. I think the vista cruise on Nov 16 might have the regular check in for 11 since the people need to debark, ship needs fuel and then loading supply.

I'm on the Nov 16 NYC sailing and haven't heard anyone with a 1030 time, earliest I've seen is 1100. The 1030 may just be for the sailing prior, as someone already mentioned the ship sits in NYC for two days before it, so they can start things nice and early for that sailing.

• 4 weeks later...

We haven't cruised since 2014, so our March 2017 sailing on the Vista will be the first one with check in times. We are Platinum. Do we still need to select a check-in time and how does this whole process work?

We haven't cruised since 2014, so our March 2017 sailing on the Vista will be the first one with check in times. We are Platinum. Do we still need to select a check-in time and how does this whole process work?

Yes, pick one but being Platinum, show up for check-in whenever you wish.

Forgive me, I've never sailed with staggered check in. How does this work with faster to the fun?

Does the checkin times show up after final payment?

I have not made final payment and I have made a check in time.