College Football Games While on a Cruise..

disneygirl10

Which ship are you on?

No matter which, typically there is a venue on board that has a lot of TVs showing various sporting events. However there is no way to know if the game you are interested in will be available. Its very dependent on where the ship is located and the network that the game is carried on.

Which ship are you on?

No matter which, typically there is a venue on board that has a lot of TVs showing various sporting events. However there is no way to know if the game you are interested in will be available. Its very dependent on where the ship is located and the network that the game is carried on.

The Fantasy. Heading to the Western Caribbean.

Network and time is TBD at this point. My son and I are huge Ohio State Fans..I would think that it being so late in the football season, that a lot of people would want to see those games.

The Fantasy. Heading to the Western Caribbean.

Network and time is TBD at this point. My son and I are huge Ohio State Fans..I would think that it being so late in the football season, that a lot of people would want to see those games.

It's not entirely dependent on what people want to watch, unfortunately. If there's a big game they generally will try to make it available somewhere but as the PP noted when you're relying on a satellite connection and various contractual issues regarding what you can carry (that Disney, as the owner of ESPN probably wants to preserve from a selfish perspective) it just may not be possible.

O'Gill's is going to be the most likely location and if the game ends before 9 p.m. you'll be able to watch it as a family. If it's a late game, however, anyone under 18 is going to have to clear out at 9 p.m. as O'Gill's is in the area that's adults-only after that time.

What is shown on the TV is up to those in the venue at the time. If you go in and your family is the only one there, you can have any station that the ship can receive. If there is already a game in progress and people are watching it, it won't get changed till the game is over or the people leave.

What is shown on the TV is up to those in the venue at the time. If you go in and your family is the only one there' date=' you can have any station that the ship can receive. If there is already a game in progress and people are watching it, it won't get changed till the game is over or the people leave.[/quote']

I was cruising during the World Series and my METS were playing. I went to the Pub to catch the end of the Sat night game and the Texas football people would not let the bartender change the channel. Its the World Series, so what, we want football.

I went to the outdoor movies at the pool, but later caught the final innings in my stateroom.

Like moki said, you can get overruled in the Pub...if there are multiple sports available in the Pub ...

What is shown on the TV is up to those in the venue at the time. If you go in and your family is the only one there' date=' you can have any station that the ship can receive. If there is already a game in progress and people are watching it, it won't get changed till the game is over or the people leave.[/quote']

So I just have to hope there are enough OSU or Michigan fans on the ship.lol. I posted this question in our cruise fb group, and it seems there are a few. Either way, unless something drastic happens over the next few weeks, it's going to be one of the biggest games of the season. So now I just need the game to be scheduled early!

I was cruising during the World Series and my METS were playing. I went to the Pub to catch the end of the Sat night game and the Texas football people would not let the bartender change the channel. Its the World Series, so what, we want football.

I went to the outdoor movies at the pool, but later caught the final innings in my stateroom.

Like moki said, you can get overruled in the Pub...if there are multiple sports available in the Pub ...

Oh that stinks! Glad you were able to catch the end of it!

Edited by disneygirl10

Wow! I've learned a lot from this thread. I didn't know anything happened off the ship when I was cruising��

You either must not be a football fan, or choose to cruise when there isn't a big game. We stayed in our room while at WDW last year to watch an OSU game. Ordered room service, cheered on our team, then watched the Electrical Water Pageant and Wishes from our balcony. It was actually one of the best nights of the trip! :)

The great thing about a vacation is you can spend your time how it suits you. Some, like a PP, want to completely escape the "real world" while others love enjoy a slice of the real world integrated with their vacation. Disney gets that and has found a way to accommodate each on board.

I wanted to point out that this is an international crowd on board the ship, which sometimes means a big futbol matchup will be on instead of your big football matchup. There is not a large venue sports bar that has the capability of showing a lot of different games at once. With college football with a fan base spread across many different teams and competing with international sports, you might want to plan for some early intervention, despite how big the game may be by the time it rolls around. By intervention I mean talking to the bartender early on and doing what you can to gather a group and stake out a claim. Be proactive and you'll have a better chance of being rewarded.

The great thing about a vacation is you can spend your time how it suits you. Some, like a PP, want to completely escape the "real world" while others love enjoy a slice of the real world integrated with their vacation. Disney gets that and has found a way to accommodate each on board.

I wanted to point out that this is an international crowd on board the ship, which sometimes means a big futbol matchup will be on instead of your big football matchup. There is not a large venue sports bar that has the capability of showing a lot of different games at once. With college football with a fan base spread across many different teams and competing with international sports, you might want to plan for some early intervention, despite how big the game may be by the time it rolls around. By intervention I mean talking to the bartender early on and doing what you can to gather a group and stake out a claim. Be proactive and you'll have a better chance of being rewarded.

Thank you. And honestly I am looking forward to being off the grid for a week.

I didn't know if there was a place with multiple TVs when I first posted. Worst case scenario- I'll have to buy a wifi package and just get updates online. I love your suggestion of rallying a group! When the time does get announced, and if it is an early game, I'll definitely do that. Hopefully enough on our fb page will be interested. If it's a late game, I'm out of luck either way.

Someone posted a photo of an NFL game, Cincinnati vs Denver on funnel vision. That would be amazing, but I know it won't happen with a regular season NCAA game.

Worst case scenario- I'll have to buy a wifi package and just get updates online. I.

Don't forget to sign up for the free 50mb package on the first day. It is only available up to midnight on embarkation day. If you don't use it, no loss. If you want to use it, it gives you a good idea of how big a package you might want to purchase. And be sure you turn off any apps that might be eating data!