Breeze Propulsion Issue?

cdamion

How did you find out about this?

There was a screen shot of the Carnival announcement on a to not be named social media site.( Galveston Carnival Cruisers) If my computer skills were better I could screen shot it and post it. Alas, it is not going to happen. Sorry Ruth.

We are sailing on her next week. The people sailing today are also headed into a tropical wave that is trying to develop, so they may run into a few hours of stormy weather Tuesday or Weds.

Where did you see this news? The gulf is relatively calm. Google the Anthem of the Seas video! Those people are in a mess headed to Bermuda!

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane

Edited by BallFour4

How did you find out about this?

Carnival posted on a popular social media site.

I honestly believe the person posting made an error with the ships. Breeze left on time today and had no weather coming in.

Also, somebody who just got off Breeze this morning said they were unaware of any issues.

Edited by cdamion

the breeze didn't pull into Galveston till almost 8:00 am this morning! People boarding today were asked to arrive 1.5 hours after their scheduled check in time due to the issues it had. It didn't pull out today till almost 5:00 pm. We sail on her next Sunday so we watch the webcams a lot!!

Just got off the Breeze today. They made 2 announcements on Saturday stating that there was an electrical issue with the propulsion and that the ship could not speed more than 19 knots... and that we were also dealing with a very strong head wind. They informed everyone that we'd be delayed arriving into Galveston. We had very rough seas on Saturday morning and I believe that is when the issue happened.

Just got off the Breeze today. They made 2 announcements on Saturday stating that there was an electrical issue with the propulsion and that the ship could not speed more than 19 knots... and that we were also dealing with a very strong head wind. They informed everyone that we'd be delayed arriving into Galveston. We had very rough seas on Saturday morning and I believe that is when the issue happened.

Thank you for the info!!!