"Away" Class Aft Penthouse for 4

djmess

Does anyone have any pictures of the Away Class ships AFT Penthouse set up for 4 people?

Basically is the couch a double bed? Or can a roll away be brought in or is their a drop down bunk?

2 18 y/o would be the 3rd and 4th.

Yes their is the 2 bedroom, but just want to know if this is a possibility

Debbie- Are you thinking about changing cabins?

I've never seen the aft cabins in person, but found a few pics on Google that appear to show a pull down handle over the couch, so it would seem that some cabins may have a bed in the ceiling.

No, I'm not looking at changing cabins. We only have 3 and are happy in the courtyard

I'm trying to find out information for someone else that may want to go on the Breakaway and they will be traveling with 2 18 y/o's. I googled also and just couldn't decide if there was a pull down from the ceiling

Edited by djmess

Does anyone have any pictures of the Away Class ships AFT Penthouse set up for 4 people?

Basically is the couch a double bed? Or can a roll away be brought in or is their a drop down bunk?

2 18 y/o would be the 3rd and 4th.

Yes their is the 2 bedroom, but just want to know if this is a possibility

I was in 12304 on BA. There didn't seem to be an overhead bunk just the sleeper sofa. I thought I had a better picture than this. IMG_1473155442.662740.jpg.08f074228719f8078c33a6dfb80abed7.jpg

I was just blown away by the balcony!

IMG_1473155518.832957.jpg.2d6d4e97017a4e38dbe440662ea763dc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were in 12304 (Aft Penthouse) on the Breakaway in August. Great room, amazing balcony!! My two kids(9 and 12) slept on the fold out sofa in the living room and there was more than enough room for them both. I slept with them for a couple of hours one night when we fell asleep watching a movie. There was room for the 3 of us and we are not small!

I didn't notice another bed that would come from the ceiling in that cabin.

I have stayed in the aft penthouse on the Breakaway. The living room couch turns in to a full size bed. We have taken a small blow up mattress as an extra bed and the room steward gave us all the bedding we needed. I have two teenage boys who would never share a bed!

I've done extensive research on whether or not the couch in the Aft Suite on the BA could comfortably sleep 2 teen boys. I have read everything, from "yes, it's very big", to "no way". Here is a link with a picture in post #4.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1883475

I'm going with "maybe" from the looks of this picture. We are packing a sleeping bag, just in case!

I've done extensive research on whether or not the couch in the Aft Suite on the BA could comfortably sleep 2 teen boys. I have read everything, from "yes, it's very big", to "no way". Here is a link with a picture in post #4.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1883475

I'm going with "maybe" from the looks of this picture. We are packing a sleeping bag, just in case!

Thank you for the info and link to the picture. Greatly appreciated.

I like the egg crate idea and extra bedding, but would definitely ask about a roll away. Figure, worst they can do is say no on the roll away.

A large egg crate that would fit across 2beds pushed together in a regular cabin, could be folded in half to make a softer "bed" for the floor

Just coming up with possible ideas

Was on breakaway in August and my grandson and cousin (both 11 years old) sleep on pull away couch in living room and was big enough. Don think two 18 year olds can. And as far as air mattress, I'm not sure it will fit between bed and cabinets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk