Triumph out of NO

mykindaparty

So we are scheduled to leave on the triumph this thur, the hurricane center is saying there is a tropical system that should pick up intensity as it moves into the Yucatan peninsula later this week, we are scheduled for cozumel sat. Do you think they will reroute us to either keywest or Nassau or just take chance on cozumel? This won't be our first time in a tropical storm so it won't bother us either way I was just curious.

On a 4 day? I'd imagine if there is a chance it'll hit Cozumel as a hurricane you'll end up with a cruise to nowhere. However there aren't any ships scheduled for Key West on Saturday so maybe you'll get lucky! The Sensation and Paradise are also scheduled for Saturday on Cozumel and they'll need to go somewhere. Sailing out of Florida I don't know if Key West would be their first choice.

So we are scheduled to leave on the triumph this thur, the hurricane center is saying there is a tropical system that should pick up intensity as it moves into the Yucatan peninsula later this week, we are scheduled for cozumel sat. Do you think they will reroute us to either keywest or Nassau or just take chance on cozumel? This won't be our first time in a tropical storm so it won't bother us either way I was just curious.

Where do you see this??? I looked at this page:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/?atlc

All I see is "Disturbance 2" (NOAA's phrase) south of DR that has 0% chance of becoming a depression/storm over the next five days. In the Pacific there is another disturbance, but it's already west of Cozumel and it's not expected to reverse direction and go east....

I'm leaving MIA on 9/10 so I've been mildly interested in the weather, and I don't see a thing that worries me.....

Invest 92L, which is the storm that was expected in Cozumel, was destroyed by dry air and windshear east of Jamaica. I was watching it closely because it was originally expected to cut through Cozumel and curve up towards Louisiana or Galveston where I am leaving from Sunday.

NO computer models forecast the storm to develop anymore.