Choosing cruise for summer 2017

Dfkirk

We returned from a Mexican cruise on the Miracle on 8/20. We're ready to go again. We'd like to go to the Caribbean next summer.

DH is a school teacher...so our window of opportunity is 6/15-8/20. We thought we'd go as soon as school gets out in June...but we're very flexible. (Is June too rainy is July or August too hot???)

I was on the Dream with friends in 2012...stopped at Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya (no Roatan due to hurricane Sandy). Had a good time..excursions were fun.

I'd like suggestions for itineraries and/or ships. We're flying from Seattle to the port, using a companion fare and/or miles...so that's under control price-wise. Unfortunately starting in San Juan is too expensive.

I've been reading posts-probably too many. I'm overwhelmed. Where in the Caribbean? NOLA or Galveston? Is Galveston really such a pain? Florida, Boston or the east coast?

We plan on going a day or 2 earlier and stay a day or 2 later, where ever we sail from.

Thanks in advance! I know what ever we choose will be great.

Edited by Dfkirk
spelling

Lol, you sound alot like me. Just go with what you like. Ive done galveston, miami, port canaveral and the port in san juan. All very nice. The biggest concern id have would be a hurricane, other than that quit over thinking it.

Edited by tatt2ed

We returned from a Mexican cruise on the Miracle on 8/20. We're ready to go again. We'd like to go to the Caribbean next summer.

DH is a school teacher...so our window of opportunity is 6/15-8/20. We thought we'd go as soon as school gets out in June...but we're very flexible. (Is June too rainy is July or August too hot???)

I was on the Dream with friends in 2012...stopped at Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya (no Roatan due to hurricane Sandy). Had a good time..excursions were fun.

I'd like suggestions for itineraries and/or ships. We're flying from Seattle to the port, using a companion fare and/or miles...so that's under control price-wise. Unfortunately starting in San Juan is too expensive.

I've been reading posts-probably too many. I'm overwhelmed. Where in the Caribbean? NOLA or Galveston? Is Galveston really such a pain? Florida, Boston or the east coast?

We plan on going a day or 2 earlier and stay a day or 2 later, where ever we sail from.

Thanks in advance! I know what ever we choose will be great.

August can be extremely hot , Rain , its the tropics it can and will happen . Good news ,on most occasions it's not an all day event ,short burst then bring on the sunshine :).

Sounds like your ready for Aruba and Curacao .

I can't attest to the weather that time of year, as we always go in January, but NOLA is an awesome city and port to sail from. I'd pick a 7 day from there going to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel (since you've done the other itenerary). I have been to, and loved, all 3 ports

Good Morning,

We have been on 11 cruises and have three booked, our suggestion is NOLA for first choice. We have sailed 4 times from NOLA and it's a great port. Easy embarkation, great views along the Mississippi for the first evening. Suggest you stay at the Best Western St Christopher for the two days prior. Second choice is Galveston. Sailed twice from that port and have had no issues. By the way, we booked the Sunshine into New England and Canada next fall, you might like that one, however, it is during October. Not sure if that fits your schedule. Have Fun.