Southern Caribbean sailing excursion

smdubowsky

Last year we took a great excursion in Labadee on 65 foot sailboat. Our friends, DW and I had a great time. This year we will be on the Summit and will visit Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, ST. Maarten, and St. Thomas. Can anyone recommend a good excursion experience? We are low key individuals. Last year was just Rum punch and a nice stop to jump in the water. Thanks.

Have you checked the port of call boards for each port?

I think you will find sailing or other excursions that will appeal to you in those ports.

Off the top of my head,based your experience: Calabaza in Barbados, Random Wind in St Martin, sail down to the Pitons in St Lucia (various vendors), Lobster Lunch sail in Antigua (several vendors), and there are many day sail options in STT.

We booked a private day tour with Serenity tours on St. Lucia. They met us at the dock, showed us several sites around town, then a scenic drive through the countryside, stopping at a local bakery for some delicious bread and rum punch, dropped us off at Ladera Resort (spectacular) where we had lunch at Labadee restaurant overlook the beach and the pitons. After lunch they drove us back to the dock, making a couple of stops along the way (rum tasting). They were very nice to work with and very professional. The part about having lunch at the resort was my personal request, not part of their usual tour. They customized the tour at no extra charge. (we did have to pay for our own lunch, they just waited for us). If you go to lunch at Ladera ask to see one of the guest "rooms". This was in 2014. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

In St Thomas sail either with HighPockets or Independence...both fabulous private sailing excursions with full lunch and several snorkel stops with beverages included. In Barbados, Silvermoon Catamaran, again with lunch included and several stops.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hands down, on Antigua, you must do Antigua Paddles!!!! We've done it twice and wouldn't hesitate to go again. They have a great website for information. You'll kayak through mangroves, take a speed boat to an island for hiking, snorkeling, beach time. Then back to the starting point for rum punch and homemade banana bread. The owners/hosts treat you like your family!!

On Barbados, I highly recommend Action Charters and specifically their boat The Stilleto. Randal and his first mate Preacher are outstanding!! Great snorkeling and they adapt to the people on the excursion. Their catamaran only hold about 8 people tops so it's a great time of meeting people. Randal has such great stories to tell. Again, we've done this twice and wouldn't hesitate to do again!!'

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In St Thomas sail either with HighPockets or Independence...both fabulous private sailing excursions with full lunch and several snorkel stops with beverages included. In Barbados, Silvermoon Catamaran, again with lunch included and several stops.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I second the recommendation about sailing on the Independence. We've already sailed with Capt. Pat on the Independence twice, and are scheduled to go again with her in December 2016. She typically makes pasta primavera for lunch with salad and bread, dessert, and open bar all day. Her rum punch is really good. Very low key day - 6 passengers is the limit. Last year she took us out to the fartherest point of St. Thomas beaches for a private snorkel, and we still made it back to the cruise ship in time. We had about a 6 hour sail. Always a great time!

Last year we took a great excursion in Labadee on 65 foot sailboat. Our friends, DW and I had a great time. This year we will be on the Summit and will visit Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, ST. Maarten, and St. Thomas. Can anyone recommend a good excursion experience? We are low key individuals. Last year was just Rum punch and a nice stop to jump in the water. Thanks.

Elegance on Barbados for an awesome snorkel/sail experience. Low key, smaller group, worth every penny.

Captain Bob on St. Maarten for an absolutely unbeatable power boat tour of the island. Snorkel, swim, lunch, airport, harbor. Best day on the water EVER.

Edited by sound_guy0918