Ever feel like a jinx?

Kokomos

We booked our trip in April 05 for Granduer out of New Orleans for Feb 06. Everytime we made a payment something bad happend to a ship, port within the next day or 2. Cant remember if it started with bedbugs or the rouge wave, then pier in Costa Maya and the ship, Cozumel getting hit by Emily and Wilma New Orleans getting hit by Katrina.

Yes 6 payments 6 signs of bad luck, Well the good news is the cruise is paid for the bad news is we have not booked our flights yet.

Anyway it makes me feel like a jinx! Hope the rest of the planning and the cruise go smoothly .

After the hurricane jinx (cruise with me and you will be rerouted or delayed 4 years in a row in Sept/Oct), my next CC group is in December.. hoping to avoid the Caroline hurricane Jinx... have friends who have cruised in Sept/Oct and never been switched due to weather.

The December 2006 on Explorer of the Seas group is thus named the HAC-ers... surely we won't be affected ON the ship by a hurricane then:rolleyes:

After the hurricane jinx (cruise with me and you will be rerouted or delayed 4 years in a row in Sept/Oct), my next CC group is in December.. hoping to avoid the Caroline hurricane Jinx... have friends who have cruised in Sept/Oct and never been switched due to weather.

The December 2006 on Explorer of the Seas group is thus named the HAC-ers... surely we won't be affected ON the ship by a hurricane then:rolleyes:

We were wondering about that, too. Grand Cayman was hit by a hurricane after our visit in March. Keene, NH was flooded after our visit in August. (a few years ago, though). New Orleans, my FIL lives there and we cruised out in 2003. Then Cozumel this year. We are starting to wonder, too. All these ports, and the poor residents.

Thankfully, we are sailing Serenade, Hawaii to Ensenada next year, and keeping our fingers crossed that nothing happens BEFORE we get there. This devastation (coincidence) seems to occur AFTER we have visited:D

I'm in a similar situation. We booked Grandeur along with our flights in August, 2 weeks before Katrina. After many weeks, we switched to Legend out of Tampa both with west itinerary.

After Wilma started heading towards Cozumel with the potential to hit Tampa, my travel mates (there are 5 others) asked me if there are any other cities that I'm planning on destroying before our cruise in January. My in-laws who are traveling the eastern itinerary a week after us, even called to harass me as well, asking me not wipe out any of their ports:o

It was not so funny at the time, but learning to laugh about it now:rolleyes:

I'll can't wait for our cruise and I'll just be happy to be on the ship:D

Glad to know I'm not alone! We were originally going out of NO on CCL Conquest next year, but decided to change to a different line/port of departure. Bingo - Katrina :(

New cruise (Grandeur out of Baltimore) is scheduled to visit Costa Maya etal (I know, they'll be fixed before we get there!). Bingo - Wilma!:(

I'm starting to get a complex:confused:

Archived