Oasis: Make your own beds, 3rd and 4th pax!

While I wish service was included in the cruise fare, I acknowledge that it is not and I have never begrudged tipping at least the recommended amount. RCI recommends / auto-charges the same amount for each person, including 3rd and 4th. You are paying / tipping /whatever you want to call it for every person, and each should get compatible service. I have a hard time believing this is RCI policy, but whether it is or is not I would be adjusting tips to reflect lack of service. You definitely should have discussed this with the HK supervisor; one should not have to put up with this BS.

Thom

Our daughter slept on a sofa During our first cruise in 2012. The steward put the bed (sheets, blanket, pillow) away every morning and set the bed again in the evening for sleping. So that the sofa was a sofa during the day. That was on Freedom.

Now on Splendour 2015 and Enchantment 2016 the steward made the bed from the sofa the first evening and it stayed like that the whole time. He did make up the bed every day (straghtened the sheets or changed them) but it stayd as a bed, not as a sofa, so that we felt not suitable to sit on top of her sheets during the day. Luckily we had balcony with chairs

I found it strange, but we did not speak about it with him. Maybe we should have asked him to hide the sheets and keep it as sofa during daytime. I just thought they dont do it anymore the way they used to...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

...Our attendant was being lazy but after we requested a nightly visit and she complied, there was no need for us to contact anyone further up the line.
IMO you should let the supervisor know. Lazy and lying are not an acceptable combination, and should be reported. I have on ocassion been missed for service and I have chalked it up to confusion on which rooms have been done; doesn't encourage me to tip extra, but not worth getting them in trouble (not like I don't forget things ocassionally:(). Lying about it is entirely different. Edited by TravelerThom

IMO you should let the supervisor know. Lazy and lying are not an acceptable combination, and should be reported. I have on ocassion been missed for service and I have chalked it up to confusion on which rooms have been done; doesn't encourage me to tip extra, but not worth getting them in trouble (not like I don't forget things ocassionally:(). Lying about it is entirely different.

She did seem very frazzled and said something about this is the first time on this ship... Whatever that had to do with a nightly service? But she did say she doesn't do a nightly service. You are right, I probably should have let a supervisor know, but she did service our room every night after we spoke to her.

Our daughter slept on a sofa During our first cruise in 2012. The steward put the bed (sheets, blanket, pillow) away every morning and set the bed again in the evening for sleping. So that the sofa was a sofa during the day. That was on Freedom.

Now on Splendour 2015 and Enchantment 2016 the steward made the bed from the sofa the first evening and it stayed like that the whole time. He did make up the bed every day (straghtened the sheets or changed them) but it stayd as a bed, not as a sofa, so that we felt not suitable to sit on top of her sheets during the day. Luckily we had balcony with chairs

I found it strange, but we did not speak about it with him. Maybe we should have asked him to hide the sheets and keep it as sofa during daytime. I just thought they dont do it anymore the way they used to...

When we were on the Anthem the cabin steward did the same thing in my DD's room. She asked him to please put the bed back to a sofa for during the day. He said the reason he left it is because he thought her youngest daughter would want to nap during the day. That was reasonable but her little one napped in the regular bed so that the rest of the family could use the couch. He made up the sofa every day after that.

They should always put the sofa bed away during the day so you can use the space, unless you advise them otherwise. I asked by room steward on Oasis to put away the sofa bed during the day, and he did - I am not sure whether he would have if I did not ask, though.