Pride ideas

tilliebob1919

Going on the Pride for the first time in January....what should I make sure I see or do so that I will want to be a repeat Pride cruiser??? Also we are doing a Western Caribbean to Cozumel, Belize, Grand Cayman and Mahogney Bay...any great suggestions, preferably non-beach wise, to do in those ports on our own. Don't want to go too far out if the consensus is that beyond the dock areas are not safe. We have always done the Eastern or Southern itineraries so not sure of what we are going into. Looking forward to something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've always felt very safe in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. You will love both. Havent been to the other ports so can't comment on safety.

Coz is great for shopping! Eat lunch at Panchos Backyard (By your vanilla at the connected store, Los Cinco Soles, it's the best vanilla in mexico). I like the All Inclusive of Mr. Sanchos but that is a "beach" - great food and service tho. I also rented a jeep in Coz one time and drove all over the island. Love Cozumel. So much to do. There's a reason why it's the #1 cruise port in the Caribbean! If you want tequila buy it here.

Grand Cayman - Also great. Great shopping - if you want rum or any other kind of liquor, buy it here. three words: Swim with Stingrays. Just do it, it's great. Also try to see "hell" and send a postcard from there.

Have fun!!!

Cozumel - we just hung around the port, than enjoyed the empty ship.

Belize - Cave Tubing. Booked through 3rd party. It was amazing! We'd do it again.

Roatan - We did Zip lining. Booked 3rd party. Had a good time.

Grand Caymen - I second swimming with the Sting Rays. We've been twice, with 2 different companies and both times it was excellent. Again booked 3rd party.

We did this run on our first cruise and we didn't really know what to expect. In both Belize and Roatan it can feel a bit overwhelming leaving the port area. You definitely are met with lots of people trying to sell you excursions. Once you find the group you've booked with you are left alone, they will stop asking. So long as you are prepared that once you cross the threshold there will be lots of people I think you'll be okay. We enjoyed both places a great deal, but I'm glad we had our booking printed and in our hands when we walked out. Find a reputable company and they will take good care of you. Check out the port section if you need more help.

As for Pride. Love the ship, love the lay out. No special tips, just enjoy being on board.

Have a great time.

Going on the Pride for the first time in January....what should I make sure I see or do so that I will want to be a repeat Pride cruiser??? Also we are doing a Western Caribbean to Cozumel, Belize, Grand Cayman and Mahogney Bay...any great suggestions, preferably non-beach wise, to do in those ports on our own. Don't want to go too far out if the consensus is that beyond the dock areas are not safe. We have always done the Eastern or Southern itineraries so not sure of what we are going into. Looking forward to something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since itineraries are chosen and often change - if you are interested in being a repeat Pride cruiser I would focus on experiences ON the ship!

Included:

**Alchemy Bar

**Sea Day Brunch

**Red Frog Pub

**Blue Iguana Cantina

**Guy's Burgers

**The Serenity Deck

For a Fee:

**David's Steakhouse

**The Chef's Table

**Behind the Scenes Tour

We LOVE the all of Spirit Class ships - just the right size and The Pride got all (or most anyway ;)) of the 2.0 upgrades which makes it even better!