Double ck. your flights! They change & change & ...

KruzDude

I just logged on to the online travel agency I used to book our flights for our next cruise (approx. 45 days -- and counting!!!) and our flights have once again changed (it's at least the second time now). I received an e-mail from the online agency regarding the first change several months ago, but received no notification of the most current change. Glad I checked!

Reading these boards is how I knew it was important to check your flights several times -- weeks and months -- prior to the flight. Thanks to everyone here who has advised this in the past.

This message is to all the newbies out there who may not be "in" on this little secret. Hope this helps someone out there from getting a big shock at the airport. ;)

Yes-keep checking as airlines are cutting flights constantly. We had a group of 20 going to Jamaica this past June and I can't count how many times our flights changed-finally told our TA to STOP printing them out and wait till it was FINAL! We did have layovers and I did call to say to refuse any flights to my nightmare airport unless NO other way.

Our Alaska flights changed twice... but if you use Travelocity or Orbitz you can have them set up to automatically notify you of a change in flight schedule which IMHO is really a plus.. if the ticket's the same as on other sites.. you won't have to remember to recheck

Just checked our and the flights and times change on the way there and back . The return changed from 1:00 - 12:15, thanks for the reminder or we may have missed the flight home , well maybe it may have been a good thing I might have stayed with MIL for a few more days :) in sunny Florida .

My flight on Continental into Tampa for a Legend cruise changes slightly, but I was notified by them via email. It wasn't a big change, but the flight numbers had changed as did the departure time by 10 minutes.

Another reason to keep checking is to ensure that your seating assignments are in place. I'm picky about seating, so I always book as early as possible to select certain seats. When flights change, they don't always keep your seats as assigned.

Delta has changed our flights 3 times in the last two weeks. Not big changes but, they included equipement changes and our seating assignment was changed again.

I have more problems with Delta doing this and subsequently changing our seats to one of the last two rows in the plane. My wife has a problem with sitting in the back of the plane and it sometimes causes a little more stress for me if we have a tight connection. It seems that no matter how hard I try to keep our seats as close to the front as possible, Delta will keep moving us to the back of the plane. I have to keep at it almost daily but in the end, they always seem to move us to the back and then close the ablity to change seats.

It's one of the reasons I hate to fly Delta but, sometimes they are so much cheaper than the other choices I just can't turn it down.

Delta has changed our flights 3 times in the last two weeks. Not big changes but, they included equipement changes and our seating assignment was changed again.

I have more problems with Delta doing this and subsequently changing our seats to one of the last two rows in the plane. My wife has a problem with sitting in the back of the plane and it sometimes causes a little more stress for me if we have a tight connection. It seems that no matter how hard I try to keep our seats as close to the front as possible, Delta will keep moving us to the back of the plane. I have to keep at it almost daily but in the end, they always seem to move us to the back and then close the ablity to change seats.

It's one of the reasons I hate to fly Delta but, sometimes they are so much cheaper than the other choices I just can't turn it down.

I have had the problems with Delta changing flights and times, once they changed my flight so it left 90 minutes earlier than scheduled. No phone call, no email, nothing! I'm glad I checked in online or I would have never known and missed the flight. I called thier customer service to find out why no one contacted me about the change and she had no comment. Go figure! Now you know why they are in chapter 11...:eek:

BTW, I work in IT and it isnt hard to create a script to email your customers when the flight you are booked on changes. It can be done in less than 15 minutes.

It's not just Delta, Northwest has changed our flights 3 times for the upcomming Dec 10 cruise. They even added a leg so that it is now 3 flights to get from Sioux Falls, SD to Miami instead of the normal 2! The small regional carriers are canceling flights right and left. NW advised that it may change a couple more times and that typically, they make these types of decisions at the end of one month to go into effect at the first of the month. Thank goodness I get e-mailed updates so I can try to keep track of the changes!

and flights are not selling out, they cancel & move you to another, thus a new flight # & new seats. We book Hawaii with miles 331 days in advance & that changes every 2 weeks............ but I keep an eye on it at least once a week as I am used to it.

Many people do not & show at the airport for their flight that left an hour ago. So be sure to check & also do an online check-in, since you can get in the FIRST CLASS line to give your luggage!

Airtran has been great about changes. It has changed once, and only by departing Miami 10 minutes later, and I received an email stating the fact. My dad recevied a phone call from them when their flight changed. It got changed to an additional 3 hour layover in Atlanta because a flight was canceled.

Airtran is great!

Archived