Chefs table wait list?

kt6453

Anyone with experience getting chefs table from wait list? Our trip is Nov 2nd and I was planning this as an anniversary present. I emailed months ago and didn't hear anything so I guess I thought it was a done deal. Guess I'll have to figure out something else. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did you contact group planning at Carnival? They usually arrange it and send a confirmation email. One time I did not get a confirmation email from the ship and still had the invitation upon boarding. They usually have more than one night for it if there is enough demand.

I got an email from maitre' today:

"There has been an overwhelming response for reservations this cruise.

Regretfully we won’t be able to accommodate you this time.

Your request will be kept on our wait list. Should there be an opening, we will contact you with more information."

Doesn't sound promising...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I sent an email and had gotten waitlisted. A few months later I noticed there was an option to try to reserve Chef's Table under "Manage My Cruise" on the carnival website and tried that. Maybe a week later I got a confirmation that we would be attending.

Also, the night of Chef's Table on the cruise, they had about 7 (!) cancellations and other people were waitlisted. Those people found out literally 2 hours before Chef's Table was supposed to start that they could attend if they wanted since they had cancellations. So...it can happen!

(I have a review of the Chef's Table in my signature if you want to take a peek at the menu or food pictures!)