How does Carnival notify you of room change?

MtnDweller

They moved my cabin on me before my last cruise. No notification whatsoever. Claimed they needed that block of cabins for engineering (maintenance). I just so happened to be checking my stuff online and saw it. I immediately called my PVP and moved because the location was terrible IMHO. He said someone put a note in that they called, but it was a lie. I had no missed calls from anyone and I know they have my correct number because they upsold me via phone just 2 months earlier.

Got my original cabin back the night before. I was checking to see which ones were left and my old one popped back up. Called Carnival and got switched back.

Oops, looks like I left out an option. Thanks for the info, I'll keep a close eye out on my booking.

Thank goodness you were able to get the old cabin back.

I was sort of OK with the cabin I chose after talking to my PVP, but I really didn't like the fact that they never told me at all. If I wasn't obsessed with checking all the time, I wouldn't have known until I got on the ship and I would have been so mad that my cruise would have been miserable.

So keep checking your booking. This is true for everyone because you just never know. I didn't have a change in occupancy, a handicap cabin, or anything, just a plain old 4A. And yes, I was VERY happy I got my original cabin back :D

We found out the day of our cruise. We had been moved from a 4k to an 8A. Didn't know it till we got our cards. I was afraid it was one of those cabins under the lido but it turned out to be a really great balcony. Been nice to known before though.

I was sort of OK with the cabin I chose after talking to my PVP, but I really didn't like the fact that they never told me at all. If I wasn't obsessed with checking all the time, I wouldn't have known until I got on the ship and I would have been so mad that my cruise would have been miserable.

So keep checking your booking. This is true for everyone because you just never know. I didn't have a change in occupancy, a handicap cabin, or anything, just a plain old 4A. And yes, I was VERY happy I got my original cabin back :D

Will do!!! Thanks again for the heads up.

We found out the day of our cruise. We had been moved from a 4k to an 8A. Didn't know it till we got our cards. I was afraid it was one of those cabins under the lido but it turned out to be a really great balcony. Been nice to known before though.

Oh no doubt!!!

We were switched during day 2 of our first cruise together. They said it was for maintenance. We went from an OV to GS on a fantasy class ship. We were not upset.

VERY nice! I wouldn't be either.

The upsell fairy wanted to switch us from an OV to a GS.....for an additional $600. :eek: I passed.