Jewel - Alaska Review with pictures and video

Laszlo

This is going to be a very quick review, we got back early AM today from Seattle. We flew in on Friday and was able to spend some times at Pikes Market on Friday and the Space Needle and Chihuly garden and glass on Saturday before we boarded. We stayed at the Edgewater Hotel which was very nice and was also an excellent location.

Overall the cruise on the Jewel was a 9 out of 10. I don't know when she is going in for a rehab but their are certain areas of the ship which really need it. Food was good to great, we ate 3 paid restaurants, both main dining rooms and the buffet. The way the buffet is set up on the Jewel is like one I've never seen. The stations were scattered around which always seem to cause of mess of intertwining people but it was really not that big of a deal. The only thing we were really disappointed in and we should have known this before we left (our fault) was the size of the coed section of the thermal spa......it was really small.

Ships crew was a 10 out of 10, we had an excellent cabin steward Noel. The weather turned out to be pretty nice for Alaskan standards, most days were upper 50's to mid 60's.

I'm not going to go into the detail of our ports and what we did, I'm really just too tired........however I'll post two links. One for photos and one for a 20 minute video I quickly put together. If your thinking about doing Alaska do it!!!

Video..... https://vimeo.com/182290904

Photo's.... http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/Laszlo_Bagi/library/Alaska%202016?sort=3&page=1

Just a quick warning........their are 1500 photo's

Edited by Laszlo