fll marriage info

Finzo's

wondering if anyone has any info on how to get married in fll before cruise. Don't want to go through cruise line becuz it's only us two. Would like to marry on beach, wondering if anyone can help?

Thanks in advance

My husband and I were married in Key West on Valentines day in 2000. It was fantastic! We left from Miami, the first port was Key West. We got off the ship, went to the court house for our marriage license (since it was valentines day, they had a lot of people getting married, so it was a pretty quick process). Then we went to Mallory Square and had the minister marry us. After the ceremony we went to a little restaurant in Mallory Square that had an outdoor seating area. We had about 20 in our party. We just called and set up the minister about six months before the wedding. I was lucky though, my aunt was living in Key West at the time, so she set up the restaurant and got the cake. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't change a thing. We got back on the ship and had so much fun the rest of the week!!!

Did you book on your own or thru ship???? Actually it's my brother in law that is getting married. They dont want a big expense because there is only going to be 5 other people there. They just want something simple. How do you get a hold of someone there to get info>?>>>>

We did everything on our own. We didn't book anything through the ship (and at the time, they did not marry anyone on the ship - that is what we wanted to do originally). We never met the minister until we actually arrived in Key West, we just talked to him on the phone. We just looked him up on the internet. You can do a yellow pages search online and find just about anything you need. We did it all over the phone, but I did have my Aunt there at the time and if we really wanted to check anything out, she would go and let us know. So that made me feel a lot better. I think if she wouldn't have been there, we probably would have made a trip down there to check everything out before hand. But since we had her, we didn't need to. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more info.

My fiance and I will be getting married in the Keys in April and we actually found our coordinator through the resort. However, if you do a simple google search of "weddings in Key West" or "getting married in key west" you can find lots of sites and a lot of helpful information. You can find weddings ranging from around $100 to as much as you can imagine. I would suggest doing a search and getting an idea of what's available. I remember searching and coming across http://www.aweddingforyou.com and I know they do weddings in Key West starting from around $600 including the ceremony, cake, champagne, officiant, flowers and filing of marriage license for small ceremonies. Hope that helps. :)

Archived