Balcony cabin on Star

Tee & Chilli

I received my guarantee assignment of 10722. Any thoughts on aft movement or other concerns about this cabin and if I should try to switch?

If I cannot switch, no heart burn. I moved from inside to balcony for a reasonable cost.

Thanks

Edited by TeeChi

I received my guarantee assignment of 10722. Any thoughts on aft movement or other concerns about this cabin and if I should try to switch?

If I cannot switch, no heart burn. I moved from inside to balcony for a reasonable cost.

Thanks

so that is an aft Balcony? those are hard to come by and i for one love aft staterooms. The only time i have been able to get one was on the Gem a few years back and it was a little bigger, i could open the door no gusts of wind blowing everything everywhere so i say you should be good! have fun:D. I just checked and is an side aft, you should still be good, IMHO.

Edited by qtaromar1970

so that is an aft Balcony? those are hard to come by and i for one love aft staterooms. The only time i have been able to get one was on the Gem a few years back and it was a little bigger, i could open the door no gusts of wind blowing everything everywhere so i say you should be good! have fun:D

Not an aft balcony but it's located aft. Thanks

Thanks

Deck 10 is a very good deck on the Star. One of the quietest for balcony staterooms. 10722 is the last port side cabin. You will be directly under the Spa and over other staterooms so noise is no issue. If you get an opportunity to move, we prefer the forward cabins close to the elevators (10524-10560 portside or 10024-10060 starboard). They have great access to the Beir Garten (great views), the pool deck, and the hidden and only rarely used hot tub on 13 forward of the Beir Garten. If you are unable or unwilling to move you have an good location on an excellent ship. My wife and I have spent nearly 90 days at sea since 2013 and the Star is the only ship we have rebooked.

"There is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's the charm of it. Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."

- Spoken by Ratty to Mole in Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame (1859-1932).

Visigoth

Deck 10 is a very good deck on the Star. One of the quietest for balcony staterooms. 10722 is the last port side cabin. You will be directly under the Spa and over other staterooms so noise is no issue. If you get an opportunity to move, we prefer the forward cabins close to the elevators (10524-10560 portside or 10024-10060 starboard). They have great access to the Beir Garten (great views), the pool deck, and the hidden and only rarely used hot tub on 13 forward of the Beir Garten. If you are unable or unwilling to move you have an good location on an excellent ship. My wife and I have spent nearly 90 days at sea since 2013 and the Star is the only ship we have rebooked.

"There is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's the charm of it. Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."

- Spoken by Ratty to Mole in Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame (1859-1932).

Visigoth

Thank you!

Any idea if a portion of the balcony is obstructed? I saw a few pics where the balcony opening appears to be in a oval shape.

Edited by TeeChi

There are no obstructed views on any cabin on deck 10. Obstructed views are generally from lifeboats. I believe the lifeboats on the Star are on deck 8.

Visigoth

When the draught of your vessel exceeds the depth of the water, you are most assuredly, aground - Ian Walsh

We were in 10228 back in May. Didn't notice any issues with roughness (although of course that can depend entirely on the weather).

The only issue was that twice during the 9 days onboard, the Spa decided to do some renovation work until 1 or 2am. Since you'd also be right underneath it, you would be affected by that if they pulled that one again.

We were in 10228 back in May. Didn't notice any issues with roughness (although of course that can depend entirely on the weather).

The only issue was that twice during the 9 days onboard, the Spa decided to do some renovation work until 1 or 2am. Since you'd also be right underneath it, you would be affected by that if they pulled that one again.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Bumping this thread up for info on if this balcony is sheltered as mentioned in this thread. Pics in thread no longer available.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1932235&highlight=10722

I think it is.

Look at this image - http://de.academic.ru/pictures/dewiki/78/Norwegian_Star_in_Ketchikan,_Alaska.jpg

Zoom in and have a look - your balcony is the last one under the grey smoke windows. I imagine your balcony is a standard size, but you will have a bit of extra wall. You still have the glass under the railing, which is the most important. I can't imagine it'll make hardly any difference, but I do hope you report back after your cruise for posterity :)

I think it is.

Look at this image - http://de.academic.ru/pictures/dewiki/78/Norwegian_Star_in_Ketchikan,_Alaska.jpg

Zoom in and have a look - your balcony is the last one under the grey smoke windows. I imagine your balcony is a standard size, but you will have a bit of extra wall. You still have the glass under the railing, which is the most important. I can't imagine it'll make hardly any difference, but I do hope you report back after your cruise for posterity :)

Many thanks

• 1 month later...

Would you know why cabins next to each other sometimes skip numbers: example 9072 and next door 9076. What is in between? You seem to know a lot about staterooms!!