Periscope

foxcent

Do anyone know if anyone PERISCOPE from any Carnival cruise ships.. They periscope from Royal Caribbean ships all the time....

I would think that as long as you can get a good signal, you can use Periscope from any Carnival ship.

CORRECT: PERISCOPE is almost like FB LIVE but better. It is not only for Royal Carribean its for anyone who loves to PERISCOPE I just haven't found anyone from Carnival who does it. I sure there are some doing I just don't know them exclusively?????????

Edited by foxcent

CORRECT: PERISCOPE is almost like FB LIVE but better. It is not only for Royal Carribean its for anyone who loves to PERISCOPE I just haven't found anyone from Carnival who does it. I sure there are some doing I just don't know them exclusively?????????

Well my friend, I assume that you will be doing it when you sail. Go for it!

Doubt I will be doing anything that I have no idea what it is...

Sent from my Galaxy 4

For those of you who aren't in the know...and that's a whole heckuva lotta people as this platform is very new--Periscope is a live videostreaming social media platform/app (both IOS and Android) similar to Skype but with ability to stream to up to 8 thousand others not just 1 on 1. If streaming is what you like to do and you have the gigs to do it and, for ships at sea, the connection--wifi, cell etc.--you'll find it a bit better than FB. For the rest of you, it's just another app to suck power out of your phones and lives. Which means you gotta have it!:rolleyes:

I am going on the 4 day out of Long Beach in December. Periscoping Inspiration on embarkation day for my sister. I am going to try anyways. It won't be anything professional that's for sure, ha.

I know I have a hard time finding very many videos of Inspiration.

Carrie

I am going on the 4 day out of Long Beach in December. Periscoping Inspiration on embarkation day for my sister. I am going to try anyways. It won't be anything professional that's for sure, ha.

Carrie

I wouldn't worry about it being "professional" Maybe some ggeeks with lots of spare time have gotten professional, but most people are still on the learning curve.

The way I see it, and "foxcent" may have a different view, it's similar to you going out and taking a video with phone or GoPro but instead of putting up via You Tube, et.al., before posting on FB or Instagram or Twitter (Periscope's parent company , BTW) you just shoot and stream out what the camera sees to followers. So you can stream yourself if you point the phone camera like taking a selfie. Meerkat is a similar app but you can't limit who sees the stream as you can with Periscope.

Carrie

What's your name on PERISCOPE, I will watch it does not have to be professional... I just want to see the ships!!!!

I wouldn't worry about it being "professional" Maybe some ggeeks with lots of spare time have gotten professional, but most people are still on the learning curve.

The way I see it, and "foxcent" may have a different view, it's similar to you going out and taking a video with phone or GoPro but instead of putting up via You Tube, et.al., before posting on FB or Instagram or Twitter (Periscope's parent company , BTW) you just shoot and stream out what the camera sees to followers. So you can stream yourself if you point the phone camera like taking a selfie. Meerkat is a similar app but you can't limit who sees the stream as you can with Periscope.

Also what you forgot crewsweeper is that we can talk to you during it and you can answer back because its LIVE feed...... :)

If you are wanting to see videos of the cruise ship just search you tube.

YouTube is great, but Periscope allows interaction with the person taking the video and they can answer questions. Plus it's live and the most current info available.

People usually enjoy the " live" reviews, this just adds a video element

Like much in new technology, it's not something everyone will gravitate towards, but it's nice for those that are into it.

There are dozens of Royal Periscopers every week. They even post schedules and have a very active group on FB.

YouTube is great, but Periscope allows interaction with the person taking the video and they can answer questions. Plus it's live and the most current info available.

Like much in new technology, it's not something everyone will gravitate towards, but it's nice for those that are into it.

There are dozens of Royal Periscopers every week. They even post schedules and have a very active group on FB.

I'm very aware of new technology and use periscope frequently.

Here's to hoping for a good game tomorrow and hopefully the team in the prettier shade of red will come out on top. :)

There are dozens of Royal Periscopers every week. They even post schedules and have a very active group on FB.[/quote

BuckeyeCruiseGuy I am always on Royal Periscopes I can not find not one Carnival :(

Well that's the thing about Periscope, or at least my using of it. Maybe someone can clue me in differently. I have dog trainers that i follow on Periscope. They usually post on twitter first and link that they are doing a Periscope. If you have them on alerts on Twitter than you know to "join in". The person doing the Periscope can do there thing show ya stuff, talk, whatever and we can interact by typing comments. Similar to Facebook Live.

I really don't know of a way to know when someone on a Carnival ship was doing a Periscope unless you were already following them.

Aside from that, you do have to a VERY good signal to use Periscope. That may actually be the deal breaker. Especially when out to sea.

Well that's the thing about Periscope, or at least my using of it. Maybe someone can clue me in differently. I have dog trainers that i follow on Periscope. They usually post on twitter first and link that they are doing a Periscope. If you have them on alerts on Twitter than you know to "join in". The person doing the Periscope can do there thing show ya stuff, talk, whatever and we can interact by typing comments. Similar to Facebook Live.

I really don't know of a way to know when someone on a Carnival ship was doing a Periscope unless you were already following them.

Aside from that, you do have to a VERY good signal to use Periscope. That may actually be the deal breaker. Especially when out to sea.

This is how Royal Caribbean's board alerts people about periscope users.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2385578

So people have a heads up and can follow the people in advance of their cruise.

This is there list for September

September 2 - razorrayy - Enchantment

September 3 - Sailor_to_Cruiser - Oasis B2B

September 3 – aubreyc1988 – Oasis

September 3 - airdog - Anthem

September 3 - CruiseMonster - Adventure (New)

September 4 – CruiseHabit - Freedom

September 4 - theRCLblog - Freedom

September 4 - Wilson_cruise_addict - Freedom

September 4 - Rich_Triplett - Freedom

September 4 - alexkoffman - Freedom

September 4 - hckmba - Freedom

September 4 - annieiles1 - Freedom

September 4 - JustCruisin – Allure

September 4 – paulwandel - Allure

September 4 - gavininskip - Navigator (New)

September 9 - klaconqueso - Enchantment

September 10 - strobie25 - Oasis

September 10 - cruiseweekTV - Oasis

September 11 - KruzinKen - Allure

September 12 - mpoole3 - Empress

September 12 - Virtopia - Rhapsody

September 17 - RickC23 - Anthem

September 17 - tlf2 - Oasis

September 18 - geeocacher – Allure

September 18 - MsEmmy17 - Allure

September 18 - M_W_M_K - Allure

September 18 - mari4762 - Allure

September 18 - CruiseboyTVLs - Allure (<---look WiscoGirl32, another one!!!)

September 18 - ErkenDirk - Navigator

September 24 - RickC23 - Oasis

September 24 - Coneyraven - Grandeur

September 25 - travelgici - Allure

September 26 - CruisingKat - Majesty

Edited by BuckeyeCruiseGuy

I've often wondered if this is why we see more from RCCL than we do from Carnival. RCCL's VOOM seems to be really fast whereas I'm not sure that's the case with CCL. But I'm with you...I love watching 'Scopes from the ships and ports!!