Cancel and Rebook Shore Excursions?

Mierin828

I just logged into my Cruise Planner, and see that there's a sale on shore excursions...

Thanks for starting this thread, Mierin828. I wasn't going to book two things at Labadee until we were on the ship, but your post made me look to see if they showed 20% off in my cruise planner. They do and so I booked now. Saved some $$$.:D

We booked excursions last weekend, so I went online and canceled them. I then re-booked the same excursions for a total of 12.4% off, for a total of $48 less. RCCL uses fuzzy math, as each excursion I re-booked was clearly marked as 20% off. I did everything online, as there was a cancel option for the ones already booked, which showed the price last weekend. There was no listed discount last weekend that I can recall, so this would have been the regular price.

Anyone else not getting the full 20% when re-booking?

I guess there is something in the fine print that gives them an out for not giving the 20% as advertised.

We booked excursions last weekend, so I went online and canceled them. I then re-booked the same excursions for a total of 12.4% off, for a total of $48 less. RCCL uses fuzzy math, as each excursion I re-booked was clearly marked as 20% off. I did everything online, as there was a cancel option for the ones already booked, which showed the price last weekend. There was no listed discount last weekend that I can recall, so this would have been the regular price.

Anyone else not getting the full 20% when re-booking?

I guess there is something in the fine print that gives them an out for not giving the 20% as advertised.

I think, like the cabins themselves, the prices of these excursions rise and fall based on supply and demand. When I rebooked last night, all except one were lower--perhaps not exactly 20%--but one was actually $4 higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've actually been watching a couple of excursions for months now and debating. We don't usually ever book ship's excursions. The two we booked today are flagged 20% off and they are exactly 20% lower than they were when I began checking on them. Of course the 2 tank dive my hubby will do isn't discounted:D (so he'll likely book a private one) but the others saved us $60 so I'm happy.

Edited by goodml

I just logged into my Cruise Planner, and see that there's a sale on shore excursions, including several I already booked. My sailing is on 2 Oct. Is it possible for me to cancel my current bookings and rebook at these lower prices? Is there a downside to doing this? Thanks for the help, I can't find any T&C's for this sale on the site.

I just called on this. Just cancel and rebook, and hope your excursion isn't sold out. Have fun. I saved $150.00. It was worth the chance to me..

Not all sailings are eligible.

My email was for my specific cruise,problem solve though.

If i follow the link from the email it takes me to the us version of my cruise planner where every excursion that is on offer is highlighted in red.

But if i go straight to my cruise planner on the uk site there is no mention of 20% off , but all the prices shown are with the discount as i took a screen shot of the prices.

At least on the us version you know whats discounted but on the uk site unless you knew the prices pre discount you dont know whats discounted now.

Please be careful when booking excursions pre cruise. If you are unable to take the excursion due to health reasons WITHOUT 24 hours notice, you will not be able to get your money back.

I was just on Navigator 8/28/16. I had a flare with my Arthritis the morning of my excursion. Despite my feet and joints being grossly swollen and not able to put on shoes, I was denied a refund because i didn't have onset of symptoms 24 hours in advance. This despite people were trying to buy excursion and they were sold out.

Yes, I addressed it with Guest Services and the head of Explorations. Even took it up with Resolution Desk when we got home. No 24 hour notice, No refund.

If you have trip insurance, most policies will reimburse you for the excursion, if you have an illness.

However, you may need a visit to the ship doctor for documentation... which will also be paid for by the insurance.

So, we would book in advance and cancel/rebook if there are any sales.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had previously booked one tour in Cozumel for my mom and I, and I was planning to book a tour in Jamaica as well. I had no problems logging into my reservation, cancelling and rebooking the Cozumel tour, and then booking the Jamaica tour (I had this fear that after I cancelled the one and then tried to rebook it, it would suddenly be sold out.... I'm just a worry wart like that :o....lol)

Anyway, this promo saved the two of us a total of $64 for the two excursions. Not too shabby for 10 mins worth of effort :D

Melissa

Please be careful when booking excursions pre cruise. If you are unable to take the excursion due to health reasons WITHOUT 24 hours notice, you will not be able to get your money back.

I was just on Navigator 8/28/16. I had a flare with my Arthritis the morning of my excursion. Despite my feet and joints being grossly swollen and not able to put on shoes, I was denied a refund because i didn't have onset of symptoms 24 hours in advance. This despite people were trying to buy excursion and they were sold out.

Yes, I addressed it with Guest Services and the head of Explorations. Even took it up with Resolution Desk when we got home. No 24 hour notice, No refund.

Sorry to hear that I had a little better luck canceled the dolphin excursion $260 and chef's table $100 received full refund on both less that four hours before excursion. Just got lucky

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk