Aft Balcony on Getaway

NECruiser83

I currently have a Family mini suite booked on the Getaway, but I'm debating switching to an Aft Balcony on deck 12. Right now all are available except for 12910, which looks to be an accessible cabin, so I wouldn't be looking at that anyway.

My question is, looking at the deck plans, if they are to scale, it appears some rooms are bigger than others, is this correct? And if so, which room would you suggest? It is myself my fiance and my son will be 8 at the time of sailing.

TIA!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Yes, our upcoming escape cruise we are going with the standard balcony. On my rccl enchantment cruise we have an aft corner booked, I'm thinking the corner will get more wind.

However deck 12 may get more breeze than my cabin on 9 did. 9 had the roof of the waterfront right in front of the railing which may have been a factor. Also could have been that we were sailing into the wind on my entire cruise..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, our upcoming escape cruise we are going with the standard balcony. On my rccl enchantment cruise we have an aft corner booked, I'm thinking the corner will get more wind.

However deck 12 may get more breeze than my cabin on 9 did. 9 had the roof of the waterfront right in front of the railing which may have been a factor. Also could have been that we were sailing into the wind on my entire cruise..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback. I never would have thought about the breeze factor. This is my first time sailing NCL, I am excited to be going on Getaway, just a little nervous I will not be pleased with the smaller balconies they have on this class compared to what I am used to. Regardless, I know it will be a fabulous cruise!

Edited by NECruiser83

On Getaway, Breakaway, and Escape, deck 9 is the deepest aft-facing balcony. On all 3 ships, there are different depths depending on deck.

For the OP, I would recommend both deck 9 aft-facing and deck 12 aft-facing over the mini-suite. Deck 12 will give the size, view, good exposure, etc. but less "tunnel effect" than deck 9.

On Getaway, Breakaway, and Escape, deck 9 is the deepest aft-facing balcony. On all 3 ships, there are different depths depending on deck.

For the OP, I would recommend both deck 9 aft-facing and deck 12 aft-facing over the mini-suite. Deck 12 will give the size, view, good exposure, etc. but less "tunnel effect" than deck 9.

Thank you, I never realized the sizes varied by deck! We are sailing with friends so if we make the move we would prefer deck 12 so they are still close by. Thanks for the advice!

Here are deck 12 and deck 9 (aft-facing)...

8719228398_971f62618d_b.jpg

^^ Deck 12

P1030573.JPG

^^ Deck 9

...as you can see, 9 is deeper than 12 while 12 is more "open" because there is less percent that is covered. They're both great, imo. :D

If there are no loungers when you get there, ask the room steward and he/she will make sure that they are put there.

The rooms themselves will be the same size. The balcony sizes will differ in length (width should be the same, except for accessible cabins). Deck 9 is largest.

Here's a great pic of the aft of Escape, which will be similar to Getaway/Breakaway: http://www.depping-design.de/test/albums/2015_09_escape_conveyance/1500K5S_1893.jpg

Edited by MikeBTN

It's probably an anomaly in the deck-plan. 12908 and 12906 don't show where the bed is located on the deck plan like 12308 and 12310 show.

The wider part of the room is where the bed is (when the deck-plan is accurate...it isn't always). :o

The rooms on each side of 12910 should mirror each other exactly but unless someone measures both sides, no one is sure.

Here's 12908...(bed by closet/next to 12910)

DSC01161_zps384edd18.jpg

...and here's 12310...(bed by closet/next to 12910)

8719228582_d79b1fb8c5_b.jpg

They seem to be the same size/shape.

I'm using BA/GA pictures since they are the same.

It's probably an anomaly in the deck-plan. 12908 and 12906 don't show where the bed is located on the deck plan like 12308 and 12310 show.

The wider part of the room is where the bed is (when the deck-plan is accurate...it isn't always). :o

The rooms on each side of 12910 should mirror each other exactly but unless someone measures both sides, no one is sure.

Here's 12908...(bed by closet/next to 12910)

DSC01161_zps384edd18.jpg

...and here's 12310...(bed by closet/next to 12910)

8719228582_d79b1fb8c5_b.jpg

They seem to be the same size/shape.

I'm using BA/GA pictures since they are the same.

Thank you SO very much! It was the way that the deck plans are drawn that were totally confusing me! [emoji79]

I prefer bed by balcony, 12906 is available and it looks like bed is by balcony, so if we switch I think I will go with that one.

Thanks again!

Edited by NECruiser83