QM2 stateroom configuration

coy860

Would anyone who has sailed the QM2 kindly tell me how the hull balcony stateroom is configured?

By that I mean, where is the drawer space, as I see none at the tiny desk shown in the photo.

Every ship I have sailed on had a large lighted vanity, and at least 8 drawers.

How is the closet space?

Thanks

Would anyone who has sailed the QM2 kindly tell me how the hull balcony stateroom is configured?

By that I mean, where is the drawer space, as I see none at the tiny desk shown in the photo.

Every ship I have sailed on had a large lighted vanity, and at least 8 drawers.

How is the closet space?

Thanks

At first we thought that the drawer space was very inadequate! But we did manage to get everything in!! There were approx 4 drawers in the wardrobe unit. Not very big though. My husband couldn't put his shorts in there and folded T Shirts just about fitted. There is a small drawer in the bedside cabinet, but it is small. My husband used them for his socks and bow ties/hankerchiefs. We were on board for 24 nights with clothes for every eventuality and we managed. Just had to fold clothes differently to normal!!

Elaine

I can't believe there are only 4 small drawers! Even Carnival provides more space!

81 days and 4 drawers! I pack our clothes on wire hangers, and remove the wooden ones, as they take up too much room, plus it is easy to unpack. I take it the closet is large?

Is the lighting adequate over the little desk/vanity, or whatever it is? I put my makeup on there as DH steams up the bath, which makes for a bad hair day for me, otherwise.

I can't believe there are only 4 small drawers! Even Carnival provides more space!

81 days and 4 drawers! I pack our clothes on wire hangers, and remove the wooden ones, as they take up too much room, plus it is easy to unpack. I take it the closet is large?

Is the lighting adequate over the little desk/vanity, or whatever it is? I put my makeup on there as DH steams up the bath, which makes for a bad hair day for me, otherwise.

Hi

Sorry if i've disappointed you with the drawers. There is a shelf at the top of the double and the single wardrobe!! We managed for our 24 night cruise. I was surprised at the lack of drawer space. My husband put his shorts on the shelves in the wardrobe and his bulky pullovers. The wardrobes are OK. It was quite tight for the clothes we had. But again they did go in. Those stupid hangars do take up a lot of room!!!!! The hangars are the type generally found in hotels that are designed not to be stolen. The actual hanging bit is still in the wardrobe after you've removed the hangar (I hope you understand what I mean)!! The bathroom is an adequate size for what you need it to be. There is a very big cupboard underneath the sink should you need to store toiletries etc in it. As for the light over the vanity unit. It was OK!! I tended to put my make up on in the bathroom. But then I have to wear glasses for reading!!!!!!

Elaine

I have some photos of the interior of a cabin if you would like me to e mail them to you. My e mail address is elaine61@fsmail.net

Elaine

Elaine...How are you? Still nursing my broken foot!!! 3 weeks in a "boot", another 2 to go (at least) and a 14 day cruise to Hawaii and back on 11/20!!!! I have been reading some of the posts for our Fall Colors cruise and I am so sorry that so many had an un-happy time!!!! :( LuAnn

Elaine...How are you? Still nursing my broken foot!!! 3 weeks in a "boot", another 2 to go (at least) and a 14 day cruise to Hawaii and back on 11/20!!!! I have been reading some of the posts for our Fall Colors cruise and I am so sorry that so many had an un-happy time!!!! :( LuAnn

Hi LuAnn

Was thinking about you and Grace the other day and wondering how you were getting on. Wow did you know your foot was broken when I saw you??? How did you manage to break it?? I have problems with my feet!! They do take such a pounding don't they carrying us around all day???

Yes, there are mixed reports. We did have a good time despite some niggly issues!! I mean that day we had to queue for immigration?? I don't know how you felt as an American citizen having to go through that just to get back into your own country??? It certainly was very unorganised!! But hey, us Brit's just love to queue ;) !! Can't go anywhere without a queue!!!!!

You never did tell me what you got with your vouchers????

I am on countdown now for Xmas in the caribbean. 5 weeks Friday we wil be off to Southampton for 22 nights on Oriana!! Gosh life's a bitch isn't it???? ;)

You take care and lovely to hear from you.

Elaine

Hi Elaine: I don't get over here to this BB often, and am glad to see your posts.

Our visit to the places in southern UK were OK, but Tom was really suffering with his back issue. He now says, that we should have really cancelled the cruise, but he did not want me to be disappointed. It was really an ordeal getting home, but we made it. Thank goodness we flew first class, with nice comfortable seats.

The weather as we were touring was not ideal, but we made the most of our 5 days. We did not get to Salisbury, as I wanted to go there especially to meet up with a person that we will be traveling with in Feb. She was kind enough to ring me up at the hotel, so we did have a chat. We did get to London for a day(took a tour on the hop on hop off red double decker), toured Southampton, and also went to Brighton. One day was taken up just going to Gatwick and checking in at the hotel in the airport. My planning was not the greatest, but there were mobility problems to tend with.

I know you will really enjoy your coming Christmas cruise....happy sailing!

Hi Elaine: I don't get over here to this BB often, and am glad to see your posts.

Our visit to the places in southern UK were OK, but Tom was really suffering with his back issue. He now says, that we should have really cancelled the cruise, but he did not want me to be disappointed. It was really an ordeal getting home, but we made it. Thank goodness we flew first class, with nice comfortable seats.

The weather as we were touring was not ideal, but we made the most of our 5 days. We did not get to Salisbury, as I wanted to go there especially to meet up with a person that we will be traveling with in Feb. She was kind enough to ring me up at the hotel, so we did have a chat. We did get to London for a day(took a tour on the hop on hop off red double decker), toured Southampton, and also went to Brighton. One day was taken up just going to Gatwick and checking in at the hotel in the airport. My planning was not the greatest, but there were mobility problems to tend with.

I know you will really enjoy your coming Christmas cruise....happy sailing!

Hi Grace

Lovely to hear from you. Like I say I was only thinking about you the other day. How way your hotel (Jury's in Southampton)??

Sorry to hear about Tom's back problems. Mind you our weather doesn't help either. Can be really summery one day and cold and wet the next. So far I would say that this Nov is being quite kind to us. It's not too cold (cold enough though) and today it has been lovely and bright.

Glad you got up to London. Did you go to Covent Garden?? Or your markets??? Brighton's quite nice too. It has some very nice shopping arcades!!

I presume there were no issues with your flights?? Weren't you flying Delta??

Elaine

Elaine: Jury's was fine, however we did not really enjoy the restaurant (maybe spoiled after the QM2?) mainly because of selections on the menu. The location was good, but a little busy and crossing the street at times was a challange. (The round-about area). The weather was not ideal, but we did manage to make the best of the situation.

Yes, we flew Delta, and had first class tickets, so flying with them was a pleasure. It may have been much different if we were in economy class.

When we were in the hotel in Gatwick airport (LeMeridan, now the Soffitel) we asked for assistance to the Delta gate, via a wheelchair or elec. cart. The electric cart showed up and I must say service was A++. The man driving the cart knew all of the airport employees, and we were whisked around in the cart. He got our boarding passes, checked in our suitcase, got us through security at a special check point for these carts, took us to the Delta first class lounge, then picked us up and drove us right to the ramp to board the plane. We never had to stand in any line. This was certainly a wonderful service that is provided by Gatwick airport.

I am happy to report that Tom's back issue is improving. We have a little more than 2 months until our Hawaii RT.

Right now, I am enjoying our 80 degree weather.

Grace

Archived