Cruise Refunds

cruisenewbie1

I have a great TA too. Had a good PVP who left and started booking with my TA. No looking back after what they've done for me!

Also, I know that if something like this happened to me, it would get sorted to my satisfaction. I don't get that feeling through a PVP anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a great TA too. Had a good PVP who left and started booking with my TA. No looking back after what they've done for me!

Also, I know that if something like this happened to me, it would get sorted to my satisfaction. I don't get that feeling through a PVP anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I used my PVP for years. Referred quite a few people. She did me good when I had an issue with a cruise being chartered twice. In all that time though I had to find my own price drops. She never looked for me. My TA does that for me (but I still look. I'm OCD). My TA gets me the same rates but she's also given me OBC, beer and has helped me out more times than I could even mention. My PVP never even sent me a thank you card. Its not for the free stuff. Its more of knowing how appreciated you are for giving her the business. She has no idea how much I appreciate her for being a kind and wonderful person and TA. The past year she has helped me out tremendously.

I agree, she is the best and unfortunately she's taking the hit for Carnivals screw ups. Carnival is responsible for the gift cards, not the TA. Sometimes people seem to forget that. Even if a PVP was used, Carnival needs to reissue the gift cards, not the PVP. When I cancelled my cruise I used my PVP not the TA. This poster would probably still be waiting for a gift card in the mail. At least now she has a number to book her excursions.

I didn't say anything about Carnival screwing up. She's the one who originally sent me an email stating that the gift card funds would be refunded to the original card number. She didn't say they'd send me a new card. After nearly three weeks, she sent the new card number and pin via an unsecured email. So, seems as though she got the new card. How would she have the number and pin if not? I typically only take the cards with me to apply once on board so figured she knew what the procedure would be for a cancellation. Turned out that her original explanation isn't how it was handled at all.

Didn't intend to turn the thread into a PVP vs TA discussion. I just prefer dealing with Carnival directly. I miss my PVP.

I didn't say anything about Carnival screwing up. She's the one who originally sent me an email stating that the gift card funds would be refunded to the original card number. She didn't say they'd send me a new card. After nearly three weeks, she sent the new card number and pin via an unsecured email. So, seems as though she got the new card. How would she have the number and pin if not? I typically only take the cards with me to apply once on board so figured she knew what the procedure would be for a cancellation. Turned out that her original explanation isn't how it was handled at all.

Right. Maybe you are not aware of the fact that Carnival's procedures are not always followed according to the book.

Gift cards can and have been refunded to the original card number.

Gift cards can and have been sent as a new physical card directly to the customer.

Gift cards can and have been sent as a new physical card directly to the travel agency.

Gift cards can and have been sent as a new e-card to the travel agency.

But please keep booking directly and save agents much grief.

Didn't intend to turn the thread into a PVP vs TA discussion. I just prefer dealing with Carnival directly. I miss my PVP.

Right. Maybe you are not aware of the fact that Carnival's procedures are not always followed according to the book.

Gift cards can and have been refunded to the original card number.

Gift cards can and have been sent as a new physical card directly to the customer.

Gift cards can and have been sent as a new physical card directly to the travel agency.

Gift cards can and have been sent as a new e-card to the travel agency.

But please keep booking directly and save agents much grief.

The only thing that Carnival is consistent with is being inconsistent. I agree with Riemercruisin. Depends on the day and who you talk to what results you get. They may have finally sent the TA the gift card but you have to give her cudos for getting it for you. Again, I waited over a month to get mine card in the mail. I also been told remains of a gift card from onboard would be put back on the same card and it wasn't. Good thing it was less than $10 and probably donated to St. Jude. I have no problem with that. But again, wrong information.

It sounds to me that you are concerned that when you get onboard the GC# won't work. To resolve that is to buy the excursions now. If you are going to buy them anyway, whats the harm? This way you know before you go instead of dealing with it on board. Its a simple solution to your problem. There also is a place on the Carnival Gift Card website to check the funds of a card this way you can confirm the value if that again is concern. Another thing you can do is call Carnival directly and ask them if you need the physical gift card. Again, resolve your own problems before you get on the ship. Maybe you expect everyone to solve your problems for you. That could be the issue from the start.

Edited by girlscruise2011

Past guest rate is refundable until the 90 day mark. I always book Past Guest and then switch to Early saver at about 100 days. I have yet to have any problem with that and this allows me to cancel should something happen before the 90 day mark.

If booked past guest on cruises of 6-9 days you can cancel up until 75 days before.

Do you book short cruises only? ES isn't usually available at the 100 day mark on cruises of 6+ days unless last call ES pops up.

Bill

The only thing that Carnival is consistent with is being inconsistent. I agree with Riemercruisin. Depends on the day and who you talk to what results you get. They may have finally sent the TA the gift card but you have to give her cudos for getting it for you. Again, I waited over a month to get mine card in the mail. I also been told remains of a gift card from onboard would be put back on the same card and it wasn't. Good thing it was less than $10 and probably donated to St. Jude. I have no problem with that. But again, wrong information.

It sounds to me that you are concerned that when you get onboard the GC# won't work. To resolve that is to buy the excursions now. If you are going to buy them anyway, whats the harm? This way you know before you go instead of dealing with it on board. Its a simple solution to your problem. There also is a place on the Carnival Gift Card website to check the funds of a card this way you can confirm the value if that again is concern. Another thing you can do is call Carnival directly and ask them if you need the physical gift card. Again, resolve your own problems before you get on the ship. Maybe you expect everyone to solve your problems for you. That could be the issue from the start.

Not sure why the two of you felt the need for the personal attacks in the earlier posts. I don't know you and you don't know me. I certainly never said, and didn't mean to imply, that the TA wasn't a hard worker. Again, my main issue is how the cancellation itself was handled. And since you know nothing of that, and don't know who that person is, not sure why you felt the need to defend her! I'm happy others are happy with their TAs.

Anyway, I'm well aware that Carnival is inconsistent. That's one of the reasons I miss my PVP. He never gave me incorrect info.

Yes, I've paid for the excursions. They totaled just over $200, so I now wait for weeks and hope that the remaining $300 can actually be applied to my account once I board.

I know how to check the balance. The point is that if that email is hacked, and someone gets access to that info, the funds will vanish and, at that point, there's nothing to be done. The funds are either on the card or they aren't. She should have given me the option to mail the card to me, or should have sent the numbers separately (I would've requested one via email, the other via text; more secure that way).

And, yes, the very first time I used a gift card by applying it to my S&S on-board, I had a balance remaining. Everything I'd read here prior to sailing said it would go back on the card. I was even told that by Guest Services on the ship. It didn't. I received a refund check about a week after I returned home. So, yes, again, I realize there are inconsistencies.

My point in posting was to share my experience with having my credit card refunded for the deposit versus the refund of the gift card I'd applied to payment.

Not sure why the two of you felt the need for the personal attacks in the earlier posts. I don't know you and you don't know me. I certainly never said, and didn't mean to imply, that the TA wasn't a hard worker. Again, my main issue is how the cancellation itself was handled. And since you know nothing of that, and don't know who that person is, not sure why you felt the need to defend her! I'm happy others are happy with their TAs.

Anyway, I'm well aware that Carnival is inconsistent. That's one of the reasons I miss my PVP. He never gave me incorrect info.

Yes, I've paid for the excursions. They totaled just over $200, so I now wait for weeks and hope that the remaining $300 can actually be applied to my account once I board.

I know how to check the balance. The point is that if that email is hacked, and someone gets access to that info, the funds will vanish and, at that point, there's nothing to be done. The funds are either on the card or they aren't. She should have given me the option to mail the card to me, or should have sent the numbers separately (I would've requested one via email, the other via text; more secure that way).

And, yes, the very first time I used a gift card by applying it to my S&S on-board, I had a balance remaining. Everything I'd read here prior to sailing said it would go back on the card. I was even told that by Guest Services on the ship. It didn't. I received a refund check about a week after I returned home. So, yes, again, I realize there are inconsistencies.

My point in posting was to share my experience with having my credit card refunded for the deposit versus the refund of the gift card I'd applied to payment.

Again if that is your concern, buy Cruise Cash now and you won't have to worry about it. You can apply it on your S&S when you get on the ship.