Regal or Caribbean over Thanksgiving?

Mrs. Squirrel

We are on the Nov 19th to the ABC islands, this will be our 7th sailing on the CP. No doubt the Regal is a better ship, last year when we were on the CP I noticed some work needed to be done with some worn carpet here and there, frayed chairs and dents and nicks around the ship. Princess has a good product regardless of the ship.

One thing the CP has going for it is the wrap around covered promenade, very important to me as I read all day long while watching the sea go by on the promenade, very relaxing without any loud music blasting away at you.

We are sailing on her because of 4 days at sea, for us after 49 cruises the ship is the destination and the ports are of no importance. We will get off for about an hour in each port, maybe buy a watch or come fragrance or cologne.

Edited by MISTER 67

That's a tough question, I have been on both ships.

Since you are booking an interior the balcony sized don't have to be weighed so for that I would give the edge to Regal since it's newer.

For pools I would go with Caribbean because there are more pools and we did not like the pool layout on Regal.

Buffets do not sway our decision as we are not buffet people. A quick bite before getting off in port or a snack is about my limit. I prefer my main meals in the dining room, specialty restaurant, room service or something from the IC. Burgers and fries by the pool are must! They taste great in that fresh sea air!

I personally have been on the Caribbean 3 time and have another cruise booked in the future so given the extra day and the fact that you like the beaches in Aruba (one of my favorite beach places too) I would go with the Caribbean Princess. You son is going to find plenty of children his age on either sailing.