Lisbon Oceanarium

wblee

A bit of advice please. We arrive in Lisbon on 6th Dec on Oceana and really fancy going to the aquarium. There is a trip from the boat which we would normally just take but it is for 4 hours (£39) and includes a tour of Lisbon so the time in the aquarium must be fairly short. In addition we have been to Lisbon a few times and would rather not repeat trips round the town area.

The only reference I can find says that the main area is about an hour away from the dock? I can't seem to find where the aquarium is in regard to the port area but it appears to be close to the Vasco de Gama bridge and I'm hoping someone can tell me if it is sensible to take a taxi or other form of transport to get there or just go on the trip. Walking involves sticks and moaning so nothing too adventurous is required!

Can anyone help please.

Bill Lee

Hi i went last year and got a taxi from the town and flagged another taxi down near the aquarium to back to the ship for 3 of us

I think it cost about 12 euros there and the same back

It took about 15 minutes to get there

Also next to the aquarium there are cable cars if you fancy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The aquarium is easy to locate on Google maps, just search for " Lisbon Oceanarium". It is sort of in the sea north of the "Lisbon Cruise Terminal". This is all South of the big suspension bridge. I am planning on a simple taxi ride to the site as it looks easily feasible.

Regards John

Easy Peasy by taxi - straight from the ship, more or less a straight run and not long either. We arranged a pick up time for return with our driver and it all worked well. I think we paid 14 euros each way.

It's a brilliant aquarium and well worth seeing. The cafe there is also very good and food very reasonable if you fancy a snack. The custard tarts were excellent !

We caught the metro there and a taxi back. There is a shopping centre about 5 mins walk away from the aquarium where taxis wait so it was easy to pick one up to return.

If we went again we'd get a taxi both ways. Although we asked for a price from a taxi at the dock and they quoted €25 which we declined and it only cost €12 on the way back. We'd know better next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums