Tropicante or Krazy Lobster?

joetop2467

We are heading to Costa Maya on the Norwegian Getaway next week. Looking for a relatively cheap day at the beach. Have limited it down to Tropicante or Krazy Lobster. Does anyone have an opinion on this. Also, I saw a photo of a dog on a picture at Tropicante. My sister is hysterically afraid of dogs. It could alter our decision of where to go if one has a canine resident. Suggestions?

The krazy lobster massively padded our check two times we will never return. 200 peso margarita and in one case they converted our bill from pesos to usd back to pesos at extremely terrible rates and then refused to return or fix the bill. We spend several months in town each year and I would not recommend them. The beach and company is much nicer at tropicante as well.

We are heading to Costa Maya on the Norwegian Getaway next week. Looking for a relatively cheap day at the beach. Have limited it down to Tropicante or Krazy Lobster. Does anyone have an opinion on this. Also, I saw a photo of a dog on a picture at Tropicante. My sister is hysterically afraid of dogs. It could alter our decision of where to go if one has a canine resident. Suggestions?

While it's a good idea to make reservations for loungers at Tropicante in advance if more than one ship in port, both places take walk-ins. Just stop at KL first then walk down the malecon,2minute walk,to Tropicante. Then decide.

There are dogs roaming the beach along the malecon, they don't usually bother people.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

The krazy lobster massively padded our check two times we will never return. 200 peso margarita and in one case they converted our bill from pesos to usd back to pesos at extremely terrible rates and then refused to return or fix the bill. We spend several months in town each year and I would not recommend them. The beach and company is much nicer at tropicante as well.

What's your next favorite after Tropicante?

We go to nacional beach club most days. Evan will allow you to use his loungers however he has gotten too many cruisers that take his chairs and don't eat or drink so you would need to contact him ahead of time. I think they make the best drinks on the malecon no mixers! I like big mamas the beach is like tropicante basically a zero entry pool however she is always packed somehow we still are able to get beach front loungers. The bathrooms are kinda iffy but I love the shrimp soup. Honestly we have only got cheated 3x and I have a large family that have been returning for 5 years multiple times a year. 2x at crazy lobster and once at the bar next door to tropicante one farther away from the cruise port. Ibiza sunset is nice but the beach setup isn't as nice. Unfortunately nohoch Kay is just for lunch now but the beach is mostly tide pools at low tide.

• 2 weeks later...

We've been to Tropicante and we love it! It has been our favorite day we've had at any port before. We enjoyed the delicious food, beautiful beach, massage, and a nice stroll along the Malecon. There is a dog there but we saw him only a few times. He is a very laid back, chill dog. The service we received at tropicante was excellent! I've never been to Krazy Lobster so I can't comment on that but I can share my experience at Tropicante. It's well worth the hype. Also, Tropicante is rated #1 on TripAdvisor for Restaurants in Costa Maya. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great trip!