Pride and Pyrotechnics

keiko618

A friend sent this story about show last night in main showroom. Sounds like some poor judgment in use of pyrotechnics.

Funny-ish story. So, last night's show in the Taj Mahal theatre was 'Beach Getaway'. Cute musical/dancing production with beachy tunes and the 'setting' was Hawaii with a pretend volcano in the background. They tried spicing up the production with some 3-D special affects and smells to make it 'real'. So, they had a pretend pig roast and the 'aroma' was that of a BBQ. It smelled pretty real. Then, a fictional eruption of the volcano happened and the drama was intensified by pyrotechnics on the stage. Just as the main characters started to sing my favorite version of Somewhere over the rainbow' and they were about three words into the song, the smell of the volcano and smoke was a bit stronger. All of a sudden, the singers ran off stage, the lights came on and the fire crew was extinguishing a fire on the stage! It was a small fire and they put it out right away but the shows were cancelled for the rest of the evening. Kinda scary when you think about the pyrotechnics onboard a ship and what could go wrong!

My DBF and I were at that show. He said (after the fireworks ended but before the fire crew appeared): there's still something on fire! Apparently he could smell the electrical fire; I couldn't.

At first the fire response seemed like it was part of the show....of course the entertainers fleeing the stage at top speed was a pretty good clue that not everything was exactly right.....

Lisa

Used to have waitstaff walk around with flaming candles on their head too and than someone realize that was an accident waiting to happen.

Does anyone remember when Carnival used to serve Cherries Jubilee onboard and used to light the dessert on fire, briefly, before serving it?

Does anyone remember when Carnival used to serve Cherries Jubilee onboard and used to light the dessert on fire, briefly, before serving it?

We just got off the Pride today, we also were at that show and we on the tender with one of the singers the next day and that wasn't the first time that happened. A couple went to the 2nd show (we were at the first) and they must have fixed the problem because they said they shot off the sparks, etc., with no problem.

We were on a Holland cruise in 2008 and they still set the cherrie jubliee's on fire.

I remember that, was pretty cool. I want to say we were on the Glory.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by volmoma