Suite People..Which would you choose?

Lil2Angelic

I've done both suites and prefer the VS. Preferably on a lower deck for a more covered balcony. The higher decks have no coverage meaning no privacy.

The room itself is smaller but the bedroom is separate from the living area so if 1 wants to nap the other can still use the other room without disturbing the napper. Very handy on long cruises were you might tend to be in the room more.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

Edited by DnD_Cruisin

The deck on the GS is double width but the same depth as a regular balcony stateroom. Where as the deck width and depth on the 4th deck VS is huge. The GS and VS (on deck 4) have equal privacy.

We were in 4237 for our HI cruise in 2014 and had 14 people out on that deck comfortably for pre dinner drinks.

Edited by DnD_Cruisin

Wow..it is a small world! That's so cool! That was the one where we missed Kona right and had a bit of stormy weather. I could do that itinerary again and again. Love the sea days too. We live in Vegas so we usually drive to port and then catch the ship. That was the cruise where we disembarked on Super Bowl day, so we stayed with relatives that live local that night. We do a lot of the Mexico cruises also.

It was a bit chilly out on our balcony. We had the regular balcony for 2014 and an extended balcony for the Hawaii 2012. I noticed that the extended balcony was less windy. I think maybe because it sits back. The Mexico itinerary I noticed it's not as bad as far as the wind on a regular balcony. I wonder if it's has to do with the direction the ship is travelling. Is it less windy at the back of the ship on the Vista suite? I imagine it to be windy on that side part of the balcony and less windy on the back?

On the sea days the ship is traveling at 20+ knots so you'll pretty much have wind as a result. A little less on the back in comparison to the side but still pretty breezy.

Yeah it was packed and rainy in Honolulu on that Sunday. We went to Duke's..good thing we had reservations. We overheard a couple being told it was a 3 hour wait for a table.

We are going out on the Imagination this Sunday. We've been doing the shorter itineraries due to work commitments.

Safe travels! Have a wonderful cruise! Great chatting with you and thank you so much for your input!

Sounds like the discussion is over but having stayed in both multiple times I agree that the VS is preferred, esecially if the balcony come into play into your decision.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jimbo5544

Thanks Jimbo! So that's two votes for the V.S. ;)

The two things I would give the nod to GS are bathroom and free space size, if that is important. That said, the only Carnival room we prefer more than a VS is the CS.

Sent from my iPhone

Does anybody know the square footage of the Grand Suite & Vista Suite? Also, is there a dvd player?

Here is a VS

Cabin 4237 VS 245/220 sq ft cabin connects to: 4239

Beds: twin/king

View: window and wrap-around balcony connecting balconies: no

Bathroom: combination whirlpool tub with shower-toilet-double sinks

Features: separate bedroom area, 2-Interactive TV's, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, safe, hair dryer, mini fridge, 2 large closets, walk-in dressing area with vanity table and chair, sitting area with sofa, armchair and coffee table

Balcony features: lounge chair, patio chair and table

Here is the GS

Cabin 6217 GS 300/115 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-single sofa bed-1 upper

View: window and large balcony connecting balconies: yes

Bathroom: combination whirlpool tub with shower-toilet-bidet-double sinks

Features: Interactive TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, safe, hair dryer, mini fridge, 2 large closets, walk-in dressing area with vanity table/sink and chair, sitting area with sofa, 2-armchairs and coffee table

Balcony features: 3 patio chairs and table