Need HELP "TODAY" in booking a cruise

beshears

I have a fairly good rate for booking a cruise, which is the promotion rate, and if it goes down, I will not received any OBC, or anything like that.

If you do the Early Saver rate which is higher, would I be better off with that?

Need help TODAY!!

Depends on the cruise and how long till your it goes out. I find by booking early saver that the price goes down on about 50% of them. If its a high demand cruise like Alaska or Panama then you can guarantee the price will only go up as time goes. I always book early saver but its a chance i Take.

Also depends on the type of room you are booking. If you are booking a room that sells out fast take the promo rate. Like when I book a 4 person balcony on the lido chances are they aren't going to go down much if at all because they sell out quickly. If I can get a deal on them I grab it. A 3 person room tends to stay open much longer so it would be worth taking a chance on.

Thanks for getting back with me quickly on this. :)

This is the plan for 8 of us. Book the Glory for March, 2017, through a TA, for probably a PT (port hole) room, two to a room.

Any advise one way or another would be fine.

Is it possible to book the early saver rate and price match to the lower promotional rate?

That won't work if it's a group rate your TL is offering but for other promotions it will. (I booked early saver for one of my cruises next year but the Canadian resident rate was the same but with $50 OBC - I booked ES and then an hour later price matched it to the CDN resident rate).

As far as I know, the TA is not giving us any credit, etc., for booking 8.

Another question, if I should go the Early Saver route, she said it would be up to ME to let her know if the price goes down, is that correct?

As far as I know, the TA is not giving us any credit, etc., for booking 8.

Another question, if I should go the Early Saver route, she said it would be up to ME to let her know if the price goes down, is that correct?

I have to ask - if you're not getting anything from the TA, why are using a TA?

If you decide to do Early Saver, you may just want to book through Carnival (either online or by calling) and then you can submit your price adjustment forms yourself.

Thank you "everyone" for getting back with me so quickly on this.

My TA just informed me that she just checked, and the Early Save is the SAME price as the promotion, so looks I will be going that way.

Thanks for ALL your help!

We also used to use a TA to book who didn't give us anything special. We used her because she was family and we were throwing business her way.

This year I decided to just book myself on line with Carnival. It has turned out to be quite easy and I will continue to do that from now on.

I have gotten several price drops without ES from normal fares and I just call the 800 number and tell the person what I want and magically in a few minutes I get an e mail with the new price.

ES has lots of restrictions so if you book that make sure you are not going to want to change people or dates.

We switched to ES for one of our cruises right before we paid it off. Again I did it by just calling the 800 number.

Today I got my first ES price drop and again had an e mail within minutes of getting off the phone showing my on board credit.

I highly recommend just booking yourself!