Don't miss Lincoln Center Stage

Afloat

This was very well presented and very well attended. I have a major complaint though about this venue. It was packed every night and even the small room at the back had people sitting in it most nights. It is all open to the adjacent corridor that takes you to the MDR. They put up signs at each end "Quiet Please, Performance in Progress" but here you are walking along with friends, on your way to dinner and all of a sudden you have to quit talking and enjoying yourself because the musicians are playing right beside where you are walking basically...it is quite open to the corridor. This needs to have its own room, way larger by the way, so people can enjoy this type of music without any distractions. Also the MDR sends you to the attached room at the back with your beeper to wait until they have a table for you. The beeper makes quite the sound when they page you...not good during the performance. Just not a good area for this type of venue!

I agree completely with above comments as it was the same on the Oosterdam in June. The location does a disservice to the Musicians, the Audience and the People going to and from the MDR. The seating setup reminds of seating in a High school multi-purpose room

HAL should fix it !

Edited by EDLOS
More info

I agree completely with above comments as it was the same on the Oosterdam in June. The location does a disservice to the Musicians, the Audience and the People going to and from the MDR. The seating setup reminds of seating in a High school multi-purpose room

HAL should fix it !

I hope they will fix it before I board the Eurodam in June. :)

But also very happy that they will have such excellent performers!

I agree, the chatter from passing passengers can be distracting from the performance in the LCS. Still, its proximity to the MDR helped 'channel' some into stopping in to watch the performance (like us). It was a lovely way to end a wonderful meal, with an excellent performance from the LCS musicians. If the room was too full (as it usually was), we'd stand in the adjacent hall just to watch and listen to the show. Not sure there's a simple fix- moving them up to the Crow's Nest might make for some pretty sparse crowds-