Ziplining in Cabo on Princess excursion for a 20 yr old and 15 yr old

junglejane

Our family is going on the Dec. 17 Ruby Princess 5 day cruise. The only port is Cabo. We have been to the Mexican Riviera many times on Princess cruises. We have gone ziplining in the past in Puerto Vallarta. This time, DH and I don't want to go ziplining, but our DD's do. DD#1 is 20 and DD#2 is 15. We're wondering whether it is safe and feasible to let them go without us. The 20 year old is very responsible but obviously the 15 year old is still a minor.

I noticed that when booking the shore excursion, Princess's website says you have to sign a liability waiver "when you join the tour." I'm not sure if that means when you leave the ship and get on the tour bus or if it means when you arrive at the ziplining location. Does anyone know when/where the liability waiver is signed? Is this a reputable ziplining company? How far away is it? The operation in Puerto Vallarta seemed very professionally run. I'm thinking of calling the tour operator in Cabo and asking if I can submit a waiver for the 15 year old ahead of time. I feel like I won't get a reliable answer if I call Princess customer service. Honest feedback is welcome but preferably no flaming. :) I actually broke my leg on my last Princess shore excursion two years ago (!) so I do know things can go wrong and am wavering about the pros and cons of this.

If you are booking through the cruise line, most likely, you are going to be with Cabo Adventures which is the same company as Vallarta Adventures that run the zip lines in Puerta Vallarta. In looking at reviews on Trip Advisor, this gets very favorable reviews. I did it years ago with a group of friends, my only complaint at that time was the long distances that you had to walk between platforms, which is not the case in Puerta Vallarta. We did it in October and it was still quite hot. But for a 20 & 15 year old, should be no problem and December in Cabo is quite nice. It's about a 30 minute ride to the site.

Does Princess have a age limit on this excursion, I imagine they would. I really can't answer the question regarding the liability form. Seems in excursions I have taken, the form is provided by the company running the excursion and signed once you reach the site.