Amber Cove Question

Sybird

My family booked a private driver for the day to take us to some Puerto Plata sightseeing. We went to the Amber Museum, the cable car, to a nice lunch with authentic food, a drive along the beach and drove by the fort but didn't go in because we were all too tired - but there was time. We also wandered around the port (and got our passports stamped) but didn't use the pool or zip line. We had about 2 hours to spare if we chose to, but went back to the ship for swimming and relaxing instead.

Jose Miguel can be reached at josepaulino24@hotmail.com. We found out about him on the DR port board on Cruise Critic and we liked him a lot - as did many others.

We will be on Vista on Nov 5 . Stopping at Amber Cove.

Please describe what to do & see.

Thanks

Sy & Marcella

I hate to give my fellow NYers a bum steer, so I'll be honest about Amber Cove.

The beaches at LaRomana are nicer than the beaches in nearby Amber Cove in Puerto Plata. In fact, Coney Island beaches are nicer than Puerto Plata. If you go a bit further you come to Sosua and Cabarete, which are very tropical and historical sites.

In the other direction, there is an Ocean World attraction, somewhat like a Sea World park.

At Amber Cove there is a pool, zip lining, and shopping as well as for fee restaurants.

I stayed in Puerto Plata when Ocean World was just opening and haven't been back there since. Instead I prefer Punta Cana, with its aqua blue water and white sand.

Amber Cove sits on the gray Atlantic Ocean side, hence no beach at Amber Cove.

My family booked a private driver for the day to take us to some Puerto Plata sightseeing. We went to the Amber Museum, the cable car, to a nice lunch with authentic food, a drive along the beach and drove by the fort but didn't go in because we were all too tired - but there was time. We also wandered around the port (and got our passports stamped) but didn't use the pool or zip line. We had about 2 hours to spare if we chose to, but went back to the ship for swimming and relaxing instead.

Jose Miguel can be reached at josepaulino24@hotmail.com. We found out about him on the DR port board on Cruise Critic and we liked him a lot - as did many others.

Does Jose have a website with tour options and prices?