CWC Member e-mail survey

Job 534 Clydebank

Has anybody recieved an sail mail e-mail requesting that they take 15 minutes to participate in a CWC Members Survey?

Additionally, has anybody had any SUCCESS or FRUSTATION in responding to this survey?

I tried to respond, and provided the LOGON information they requested but kept running into a brick wall, unable to log in. The site implied that I didn't know my username !!!!

Has anybody had any similiar experience?

It would appear that 21st century Cunard is doing what they do best: treating their longtime customers like DIRT !

Has anybody recieved an sail mail e-mail requesting that they take 15 minutes to participate in a CWC Members Survey?

Additionally, has anybody had any SUCCESS or FRUSTATION in responding to this survey?

I tried to respond, and provided the LOGON information they requested but kept running into a brick wall, unable to log in. The site implied that I didn't know my username !!!!

It would appear that 21st century Cunard is doing what they do best: treating their longtime customers like DIRT !

I've emailed twice to Cunard that I wasn't given a login name. (I have a password but without the login name, I haven't been able to try it to see if it's a valid password.):confused:

Yes, I received the same email last week and had the

same problem. Since it was sent by the 'world club'

I emailed them and received no reply ( big surprise ),

so I telephoned the world club desk today and was told

that there was an error in the email from whomever

created the website - they expected to fix the problem

soon but that's the best they can advise me at this time.

I think they may need to send that same survey out again

( they've already sent it to me twice ).

Maybe there is somewhere on the survey to complain

about the survey :)

Yes, received the World Club e-survey and had no trouble logging on. Started the survey and the third or fourth question was family income with several levels listed and one box for prefer not to answer which I checked. Was promptly booted from the survey. Cunard/Carnival evidently only want to talk when they know how much money they are talking to. Saved me 13 minutes of the 15 minutes they wanted.

Jim.

I've found that most product surveys contain some questions about income levels (I also get calls to participate in focus groups at least twice a year) and never used to think twice about answering. These days, I'm not so sure anymore.

But if makes you feel any better, the company collecting the data is TNS, a polling/survey group located primarily in the UK and they're fairly well respected. The data collected by polling companies in these cases remains the property of the polling company and is disclosed, as the email states, only in "anonymous or aggregated" form. Cunard shouldn't have access to an individuals identity, which is disclosed in the text of the email. Cunard should have access to the results of the data once it's tabulated or stripped of identifiers.

Usually there are two ways to enter an anonymous survey; either everyone has the same login and password (making it impossible to identify individuals, but not very good for security; anyone learning the ID/password combo can take the survey and enter any data they want, or to take the survey multiple times.) Or, a unique ID (like 2893FG12 for me and 49802LS59 for you) provides better security for the survey.

The mass email is generated using a preselected emailing list and a program that randomly generates valid IDs and inserts them into the correct place into the email, and I have a feeling that's where the whole mishegoss is breaking down; I've received the email twice, both time without a user ID.

Or it could just be broken, the hampster having fallen off treadmill. :)

I finally got a response to my inquiry about the login problem and Cunard said they were aware of the problem and were working on it. They indicated they would be re-sending the survey request when they had it fixed.

I had no problems with getting into the survey although I wish I had. After 30 minutes of a 15 minute survey, I bombed myself out of it.

The problem that I will remember for future surveys is the more cruise lines you put down or acknowledge knowing about, the larger the survey gets.

Also, I don't like rating a cruise line by what I may have heard or only have nominal knowledge about like some of the questions request. I know you don't have to answer for all cruise lines, but those questions are overboard IMHO.

This survey was like one I had received about a year ago. I think they should revise it.

Ed

i could not log on notified cunard they said they were working on it ( yeah right!!!!!!)

Archived