Renting tux on QM2

oceansandseas

-

DH and I sailing on QM2 soon. He has a nice tux that fits, but was wondering about rentals. He is worried that they will not have size 40 with 34" pant. This is a popular size and is often hard to find. Do they usually have enough for all those wanting to rent?

Also, does anyone know the cost of recent rentals.

Thanks for any replies.

-

Prices and sizes are on the Cunard website

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/Formal_Hire

Those prices aren't cheap, are they? My next cruise has four formal evenings; One could easily buy the whole outfit from M&S for less than the cost of hiring for four nights.

Glad I invested in a couple of dinner suits a few years back (note to self: check I can still get into them! :eek: )

Those prices aren't cheap, are they? My next cruise has four formal evenings; One could easily buy the whole outfit from M&S for less than the cost of hiring for four nights.

Glad I invested in a couple of dinner suits a few years back (note to self: check I can still get into them! :eek: )

I have no idea why Pepper but I always assumed you were a Mrs Pepper Pot!

I have no idea why Pepper but I always assumed you were a Mrs Pepper Pot!
Hi Alibobs,

I've just checked and can assure you that you are mistaken :D ;) :)

Best wishes and happy sailings Alibobs.

Edited by pepperrn

I was very impressed with the hire service onboard the QM2.

First transatlantic... very excited... really looking forward to it. Just boarded and was sat having a nice drink when I suddenly realised that I hadn't packed my dress shirts! Panic! :)

As soon as we sailed I went to the shop and asked if they had a shirt to buy. Unfortunately I am not the easiest of sizes being 6' 5" with a 19.5" neck size! As I suspected they didn't have one however after a lot of searching they did find a 19" which was available to hire. The hire charge for a dress shirt is $26 a day and I was going to be onboard for 20 nights! $520!!! However there was nothing for it and to avoid losing it I agreed to take the shirt for the 20 nights.

I think that the shop staff must have felt sorry for me as when I went to pay for the shirt they decided to only charge me for one nights hire!

I was extremely grateful!

Nice story, Fireflyuk.

Tuxedo rental aboard can work. Did it once. The lad told me in future when boarding and needing to rent, get to the shop at once. This'll assure first pick on "popular" sizes. Read 39L. They only carry so many, but he felt they usually are able to fit most anybody.

And it's true, for the rental cost for a voyage, usually one can get a M&S dinner suit for half. They aren't bad. Check their Web.