Latest Free at Sea US offering - no 30 day condition

clivep

Looking at the latest US t's & c's I see that the previous "5+ day sailings booked greater than 30 days prior to sailing" has changed to "3 nights or longer sailings". The Free Pre-Paid Service Charges remains as an option.

In the UK & EU our terms have got worse not better! Not only do we not get the offer of the Free Pre-Paid Service Charges, but also new bookings only qualify on "5+ (night) sailings departing on or after 01 January 2017"!!!

On the other hand, we don't pay the 18% on top of the beverage or dining packages.

The terms of the promo are different depending on the country. Some things are better and some are worse.

If you particularly like the promos offered in the US then just book via that office.

Looking at the latest US t's & c's I see that the previous "5+ day sailings booked greater than 30 days prior to sailing" has changed to "3 nights or longer sailings". The Free Pre-Paid Service Charges remains as an option.

In the UK & EU our terms have got worse not better! Not only do we not get the offer of the Free Pre-Paid Service Charges, but also new bookings only qualify on "5+ (night) sailings departing on or after 01 January 2017"!!!

You would eventually have to tip at some point. Since you do not pay tips on drink packages.

Looking at the latest US t's & c's I see that the previous "5+ day sailings booked greater than 30 days prior to sailing" has changed to "3 nights or longer sailings".
The 30-day restriction was removed back in April 2016. It is not a very recent change.

The 30-day restriction was removed back in April 2016. It is not a very recent change.

I wondered why no one else had pointed out the lack of restriction in the US. I've not been monitoring things since January when we sailed on the Epic.

I'm just starting to look at things for a January sailing on the Spirit. It may well be that I book a guarantee cabin in which case I'll not qualify for a promotion wherever I book.

Edited by clivep

I think relatively few people were affected by the restriction (most people book more than 30 days in advance), so they didn't notice when it went away. I guess it was not as effective as they hoped it would be for discouraging super last-minute bookings.

Speaking of the UK terms, I just noticed that they say the Free At Sea promo is not combinable with Latitudes Insider Offers. Bad news for those trying to climb up the membership ladder. Also, the terms of the UBP perk are all over the place about the 18%, first they say the guest is responsible fo paying the 18%, then they say it's included. :confused: