Pearl Harbor & Punchbowl??

Beth

For Pearl Harbor you can go on the National Park Service website and see if you can get a reservation. They only accept a certain number and I believe they start accepting them 6 months in advance. I would probably take a cab from the pier to Pearl Harbor, it would be quicker than the bus. If you go to the Punch Bowl get a phone number you can call to call for a cab when you are done, I don't think there are not a lot of cabs that go thru there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We caught a city bus from Waikiki Beach to Pearl Harbor. There is also a bus that runs from near the cruise terminal. It doesn't take too long.

There is much to see at Pearl Harbor. You really need an entire day to see the whole thing. Tickets can be purchased at the site. We didn't have a problem getting tickets on arrival.

http://oahuhawaii.ca/pearlharbor/index.html

Edited by Grant2000

You can also rent a car. Rental cars are very inexpensive in Hawaii, but traffic is miserable.

We went to Pearl Harbor in April without reservations (got there when it opened at 8am & were able to get a reservation for 10am

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went to both locations by bus. The ABC stores sell the passes.

As I remember the bus doesn't go up to the punch bowl that often and it might be tight on your time schedule. You can get all the information about the bus at http://www.thebus.org.

If we planned to visits the island by ship I would rent a car. That way you can see other sites such as Diamond Head.

Lived in Hawaii for 3 years(military) and have been too many times. Get off cruise and grab a cab! They keep many tickets for last minute people! You won't have a problem getting there by cab and going to see it! Once there (it's all free there's no cost to get in!) you can get the free shuttle over to see everything in the area then catch a cab back to your cruise! Cab will cost around $20 each way!

Both are free so renting a car may be the easiest way to go. You can reserve tickets for the boat ride to the Arizona memorial the day before online for $1.50 convenience fee if you don't want to wait until you show up to see what time you can manage to get. They release a certain # of tickets at 7am Hawaiian time the day prior, I've yet to have any trouble getting tickets the day before. Depending on what time tour you get, you can do punchbowl either before or after.

~Katy

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

What is the best way to see Pearl Harbor & Punchbowl? Cruise excursion is sold out. Is it possible to take a bus to both? Thanks for any info. Beth

The best way is with your own rental car, second best is Uber, then a taxi. If you have reservations (for the USS Arizona Memorial boat) in advance, that really helps in planning.