Pride staying in NY overnight -because of Matthew

medianeh

Medianeh I'm from buffalo too. Are you sailing Saturday on Sunshine barring any cancellations? I think we will be fine, keeping a positive attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I'm on the pride right now. We sailed on oct 2, and was supposed to go to Grand Turk, Half moon cay, and Freeport. But they changed us to NYC and St. John's. We are not going to St. John's now either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just found out that in addition to the $100 in obc that they already gave us per person, they are giving us another $100 per person!

I'm sooooooooo glad we didn't cancel. This is the best cruise yet! Lol

Just found out that in addition to the $100 in obc that they already gave us per person, they are giving us another $100 per person!

Glad you are having fun!!! Enjoy NY

No, I'm on the pride right now. We sailed on oct 2, and was supposed to go to Grand Turk, Half moon cay, and Freeport. But they changed us to NYC and St. John's. We are not going to St. John's now either.

I tried to delete this reply once I realized you are there now.

A plus for an overnight in NYC: You're not paying the crazy rates for a NYC hotel!:cool: It's certainly not what you planned, but hope you're enjoying NYC.

You're not missing much at Saint John. IMHO, you're better off with the discount. :)

Wow! They are being very generous! Enjoy!

do you have to spend it all on the ship or is that obc refundable?

Captain just announced that we are staying in New York until 5:00 pm tomorrow. No Canada for us.

We will be back in Baltimore on Sunday morning.

50% off our next cruise.

And as I said before, over 1000 people canceled this cruise so we are only sailing with just over 1500 people.

Better safe then sorry.

1/2 off the next cruise would be awesome. I'd make sure you book a fabulous one. Can't believe so many cancelled, hope they all had insurance to cover it and didn't just throw their money away.

I agree as long as I'm on the boat I don't care where I am, I would cry if it got totally cancelled though.

We go over Halloween with as active as this year has been we are just hoping we can get on board. As long as we can get to port and out safely the rest is fine with us.

They actually let you cancel for a full refund if you did it before it sailed

Actually 150.00 per person! I'm on the pride now as well

Captain just announced that we are staying in New York until 5:00 pm tomorrow. No Canada for us.

We will be back in Baltimore on Sunday morning.

50% off our next cruise.

And as I said before, over 1000 people canceled this cruise so we are only sailing with just over 1500 people.

I wonder why? Last I saw it was heading east off NC on Sunday and then just hanging out. The Pride could have gone to Canada twice in all that time.

They actually let you cancel for a full refund if you did it before it sailed

I would have taken that. Meanwhile, the ship could have sailed. They were a bit premature. New Yorkers have learned meteorologists are usually quite wrong in that area.

I wonder why? Last I saw it was heading east off NC on Sunday and then just hanging out. The Pride could have gone to Canada twice in all that time.

the problem with weather and hurricane is the big WHAT IF? When they look at models, they try to predict what happens in the future. If the ship goes to Canada, and the storms follows the coastline to NY or Baltimore, how will it get back to port safety without sailing into the storm?

Its best to take the safest route overall to avoid the storm.

Edited by shof515

Hello, 4 of us are also leaving on the Pride on Sunday 10/9 also. I am so worried we won't make it. We have already decided we do not want to go to NewYork or Canada. We all wanted a warm, feet in the sands vacation so if a full refund is offered we will take it and plan another trip maybe in the spring. I will keep my fingers crossed but the hurricane will still be coming up the coast so I am not sure how we will get out of the port of Baltimore if the storm is still hanging around.

If Carnival offers a refund, would you let us know about it here? I hate to be a skeptic, but I am wondering if Carnival is offering a refund with strings attached. Just does not sound like them to give a 100% money back refund.

1199443076_NathanLaneMoneyback.jpg.de85c97aa8958a8fc527aac509cde83f.jpg

Edited by asalligo

Lots of people disembarked today. We heard there is now only 1000 onboard now.

My 4K that I was in just turned into an extended balcony on the 7th deck.

And I figured it out. I booked this as a group cruise and took $595 in conductors credit. Add to that, the $750 in onboard credit from carnival. All totaled I only paid $395 for this cruise for 3 people. I'll take that any day. I'm a happy camper!

Lots of people disembarked today. We heard there is now only 1000 onboard now.

My 4K that I was in just turned into an extended balcony on the 7th deck.

And I figured it out. I booked this as a group cruise and took $595 in conductors credit. Add to that, the $750 in onboard credit from carnival. All totaled I only paid $395 for this cruise for 3 people. I'll take that any day. I'm a happy camper!

Wow! Can't believe that many people chose to find their own way.

Congrats on the upgrade & that's a great $ deal you wound up with! Plus you've got the right attitude about this ordeal. Hope you all stay safe.

My only question, it seems to me you are going to be IN the storm on the way back to Bmore. I live in DE & weather guessers are saying we're going to get something this weekend. If the ship isn't back until Sunday, it seems that places the ship in it. ??? For some reason, this storm confuses me. Everyone I ask and every where I look I feel like I'm getting different info.

Have fun & stay safe!!

Wow! Can't believe that many people chose to find their own way.

Congrats on the upgrade & that's a great $ deal you wound up with! Plus you've got the right attitude about this ordeal. Hope you all stay safe.

My only question, it seems to me you are going to be IN the storm on the way back to Bmore. I live in DE & weather guessers are saying we're going to get something this weekend. If the ship isn't back until Sunday, it seems that places the ship in it. ??? For some reason, this storm confuses me. Everyone I ask and every where I look I feel like I'm getting different info.

Have fun & stay safe!!

Not sure. They are taking 3 days to get us back to Baltimore. They did say that we may be back Saturday night/very early Sunday. We are not allowed to disembark until 9 am Sunday.

I'm assuming they will beat the storm since we have plenty of time to get back.

Just saw the evening news here in Baltimore. They were interviewing people from the pride in New York. All the whiners made the news. Just don't get. What was Carnival suppose to do, take them to the Bahamas!

I was watching that newscast as well. Complaints about getting money back as if Carnival offered nothing.

About 24 hours ago the model was predicting that it was going to swipe MD on Saturday, go up towards New England on Sunday, and land somewhere in the Bay of Fundy on Monday. I have been monitoring the situation because I live outside Baltimore and I'm boarding the Sunshine out of NY headed to the Bay of Fundy on Saturday. When I went to bed around 1am this morning that was still the model, but when I woke up around 6:30 it had updated to reflect the turn at the Carolinas.

Carnival was (and still is) working with all kinds of data sets and contingency plans. Unfortunately, the Pride is too large to fit in the C&D Canal and approach Baltimore from the North, so it has to go down around VA and the Carolinas to get back in the Bay. They made the right call to keep the ship close--even if it ticked off the passengers who had the option to reschedule or take a refund before departure.

Edited by Carnival_Brides