Pride staying in NY overnight -because of Matthew

medianeh

An additional factor they need to consider beyond the weather issues is that Grandeur of the Seas has the dock on Saturday so they can't really arrive until Grandeur leaves.

I would think for all the credits they are giving passengers they COULD have been back Friday and beaten the storm completely but I'm sure there would have been complaints about that too.

I think when Sandy hit Pride dropped off pax and went to sea until the storm ended. I'm a bit surprised they didn't do that.

Roy

Great news! Our local (DelMarVa) weather has updated their weather model. It looks much safer for our area (& the Pride) now. Even with the necessary trip south of Delmarva Peninsula, looks like just rough seas and 30 mph winds. I wonder if they plan to arrive early & just hang out in the Chesapeake until Grandeur of the Seas debarks.

http://www.wboc.com/category/286224/wboc-weather-blog

Edited by Kaseyjoness
attach link to weather map

We are leaving on the Pride on Sunday 10/9 - I am so nervous that they are just going to cancel the whole cruise. I always knew that a hurricane can happen when cruising Hurricane season just always prayed it wouldn't. I haven't started packing yet because I don't want to unpack - it would be heartbreaking.

We have been planning this vacation for almost 1 1/2 years and have saved and saved for it. We will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary and my hubbys 53rd Birthday while at sea. I just keep praying that everyone stays safe and our cruise happens.

I am sailing on Oct. 16

I saw your trip is headed to Canada. Warmer clothes to pack unfortunately.

At least you will be safe. Have a great cruise.