Gluten free on RCL

LadyLac0410

My husband and I are taking our 10 year old daughter on anthem of the seas in July 2017 for our first cruise. my biggest concern is the food. My daughter was diagnosed a few years ago with Celiac disease, and must avoid gluten or she becomes very ill for days. My daughter is a very adventurous eater and likes to try new things, but I am concerned whether she will have decent choices. I know I have read that I can call and speak to someone, and I will, but I am hoping someone here can maybe give me a clearer idea of how accommodating the kitchens onboard are. Can they provide a gluten free toast or bagel if not, can I bring my own? will chefs work to make safe dishes, or will she be stuck with a plain chicken breast and baked potato or something similar I appreciate any feedback from anyone who has dealt with this themselves, Thank you!

Call the "special needs" dept. and let them know of her restrictions. Then, once on board, speak with the head waiter and remind him/her of what she needs. They do a good job...but you may have to police her choices a bit....double check, especially in the buffet....cross-contamination isn't out of the question..other passengers have access to all the food, and it's possible there could be a serving spoon with gluten foods on it IN the GF bin!

They do have GF breads and stuff...no need to bring yours!