UPGrade question?

Irishgrl73

We are booked for November 6th sailing out of NY with Ocean view Guarantee and see my cabin has been assigned. I was wondering how upgrades called like if you call in can you pay up charge if they have availability. We booked back in January so We got Kids sail free, Free specialty dinning and Free UBP. Has anyone had any luck with this?

Just checking, did you book through NCL US or an international office?

If they allow you to upgrade (they may or may not, since you are so close to sailing), you will get the current price and promo, which is two perks for oceanviews/balconies/min-suites. Extra Guests Free counts as one of the perks, if it is still available for your sailing. In other words, you will not be able to keep all three of the perks that you currently have.

You can try calling the upsell office, and if they offer you something and you accept, you should be able to keep all of your original perks.

Just checking, did you book through NCL US or an international office?

If they allow you to upgrade (they may or may not, since you are so close to sailing), you will get the current price and promo, which is two perks for oceanviews/balconies/min-suites. Extra Guests Free counts as one of the perks, if it is still available for your sailing. In other words, you will not be able to keep all three of the perks that you currently have.

You can try calling the upsell office, and if they offer you something and you accept, you should be able to keep all of your original perks.

We booked through TA. I had a feeling they wouldn't allow the 3 perks but, figured i would ask. Thank you I will try that.

you said 'up charge' so i wanted to expand on that:

upselling at a cheaper price than full fare usually means you keep the perks you got when you booked and nothing new

upgrading is you just paying 'full price' for any room you want (credit given for the amount you already paid of course) and then you get the full perks of that room in effect today. I did this upgrading to haven about 60 days out at full fare when they started the free service charges and received all perks in effect.

you said 'up charge' so i wanted to expand on that:

upselling at a cheaper price than full fare usually means you keep the perks you got when you booked and nothing new

upgrading is you just paying 'full price' for any room you want (credit given for the amount you already paid of course) and then you get the full perks of that room in effect today. I did this upgrading to haven about 60 days out at full fare when they started the free service charges and received all perks in effect.

Thank you for Clarifying. This is only our second Cruise with NCL and never tired before.