Have you sailed out of New York on Carnival???

lizard0627

Hello, I have a cruise coming up out of New York and boarding time is 1:00 pm. What time should I be parked and ready to go into the terminal. I have to drive a distance to get there and am trying to figure this out. Thank you in advance. First time cruising.

LP

Hello, I have a cruise coming up out of New York and boarding time is 1:00 pm. What time should I be parked and ready to go into the terminal. I have to drive a distance to get there and am trying to figure this out. Thank you in advance. First time cruising.

LP

I'm not sure how tightly Carnival sticks to assigned boarding times, but it is a safe bet that people who are likely to ignore set times will be inclined to show up early - say by 10:00 or so. If 1:00 PM works for you, you should work back from about 12:30 to arrive at the parking garage - to allow for a bit of slippage and to give yourself about 15 minutes to get from your car to the terminal entrance. By 1:00, the real crowds should have thinned out, you will still board early enough to get lunch, and by the time your are finished your cabin will be available for you to,drop off you carry-on bag.

We are on the first cruise out of NYC where CCL is using the check-in system. We are also driving (2.5 hours) and have a 10:30 check-in time. We are planning to be in the lot at 10:15 to enter the terminal by 10:30. I have read that other ports are being picky about the check-in time and turning guests away until it is there turn, but we'll see what happens on the 8th.

Carnival has staggered check-in in New York City now. That will dictate your check-in and boarding time. If you're scheduled for 1:00, I would plan to arrive at the parking lot between noon and 12:30. There can be a line of cars for the parking lot, and you may end up parking on a pier other than the one you sail from.