New cruisers - Thomson embarking questions

jofromwales

Hi everybody. Just booked my first cruise for Mum and I, next May on the TUI Discover 2. My questions is regarding embarking the ship at Malaga. I have booked special assistance at the airport for Mum, and informed Thomson that we will be bringing a wheelchair onboard but am concerned about boarding at Malaga. Will assistance be provided on the dock to enable her to board. She's not confined to a wheelchair but cannot walk for long and finds steps difficult.

Thanks for your help.

Jo

Hi Jo, and welcome.

No worries :)

There will be plenty of staff milling around.

Boarding involves a number of stages - off the coach, line for registration, line for photos, line to identify your luggage (though it's handled by staff all the way from bus to cabin), line for security, line to board. Can be quick, can take an hour or more, a matter of luck whether several coaches arrive just ahead of yours. For that reason I doubt there'll be a dedicated assistant but there will be staff that can help at every stage.

Definitely keep the wheelchair with you rather than have it delivered with your luggage to your cabin.

JB :)