Proposal onboard Oasis of the seas

This is perfect :) thanks alot for the great spots :)

Am going to check those things when i get back from my worktrip.

I want to propose at format night. Think thats day two at sea.

Also i want to matbe walk around the first day onboard and check out the spots you told me about for myself :)

...Can you explain the Captains table?...
What I see mentioned above and explained below is the Chef's Table, an extra cost dinner available to anyone who wishes to pay.

Traditionally the Main Dining Room had a central Captain's Table, usually empty but where on Formal Nights the Captain (or other senior officer) would invite selected guests (perhaps people he already knew, perhaps people in expensive suites, perhaps first time cruisers noticed by the maitre d' as good conversationalists - it varied based on the Captains). I don't think Oasis has a Captain's Table in the MDR, but the activity carries on in Specialty Restaurants. Personally, as one of 5000 - 6000 passengers who will be on Oasis in January, I am not counting on being selected:rolleyes:

May your proposal go well, and lead to many happy years!:)

Thom

It probably depends exactly what you're looking for. I think it would be pretty cool to have a private photographer hired for an hour to take pics around the ship, and when taking pics in central park, get down on one knee while shes posing

• 1 month later...
When in December are you sailing? We will be on the Oasis in early December. Would gladly help out if you are on our sailing.

Do you want to help me?

Can you handle SLR Camera?

Do you have an email adress i can contact you?

Omg, that's beautiful!!! My husband and I will probably be on our honeymoon on the same ship while you're proposing. I hope we happen to witness it!

I'll tell you, though - please, whatever you do, make sure that you get a video! My husband colluded with our friends to do so when he popped the question and I'm SO glad that he did. We've really enjoyed having it.

We will be on the boat from Dec. 4th to Dec. 18th. If you don't have any friends or family cruising with you, let me know. Maybe we can coordinate it so I can discreetly get a little video of it for you. :)

Edited by helenasue

Omg, that's beautiful!!! My husband and I will probably be on our honeymoon on the same ship while you're proposing. I hope we happen to witness it!

I'll tell you, though - please, whatever you do, make sure that you get a video! My husband colluded with our friends to do so when he popped the question and I'm SO glad that he did. We've really enjoyed having it.

We will be on the boat from Dec. 4th to Dec. 18th. If you don't have any friends or family cruising with you, let me know. Maybe we can coordinate it so I can discreetly get a little video of it for you. :)

Oh, that is amazing!! :D

i do want your help :)

Do you mind using your own telephone to make the video?

I was hoping to get in contact with an hobby photographer onboard, but i dont find anyone to help, so i think i need to hire the professional photographer onboard to capture the moment.

I will take her out on deck (on formal night) looking out on the sunset and carefully go down on one knee with the ring :)

Hope the weather is okei and that i find a good spot :)

How can i contact you onboard? :)

Espen

Hey there! I don't mind using my phone at all. I can just put it up on YouTube afterwards so that you'll have it and can share it with friends. My email address is helenasue@hotmail.com. Just email me and we can meet up.

Oh, that is amazing!! :D

i do want your help :)

Do you mind using your own telephone to make the video?

I was hoping to get in contact with an hobby photographer onboard, but i dont find anyone to help, so i think i need to hire the professional photographer onboard to capture the moment.

I will take her out on deck (on formal night) looking out on the sunset and carefully go down on one knee with the ring :)

Hope the weather is okei and that i find a good spot :)

How can i contact you onboard? :)

Espen

Here's what I did.... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2424836

If you go to the part about the photography team, you'll see. I wanted it to be a more intimate proposal. No need for the crowd!

Reach out to RCL to see if you can be placed in touch with the photography team on board. Maybe you can figure out which backdrop you want to propose in front of... and find out what photographer will be manning that station so they can capture the moment without being caught off guard.

Here's what I did.... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2424836

If you go to the part about the photography team, you'll see. I wanted it to be a more intimate proposal. No need for the crowd!

Reach out to RCL to see if you can be placed in touch with the photography team on board. Maybe you can figure out which backdrop you want to propose in front of... and find out what photographer will be manning that station so they can capture the moment without being caught off guard.

Thank you so much :)

Can i ask how much you paint for the photos?

Do i have to book a photo session for about 1 hour?

If you have any tip to contact the phototeam let me know :)

Thank you so much :)

Can i ask how much you paint for the photos?

Do i have to book a photo session for about 1 hour?

If you have any tip to contact the phototeam let me know :)

My intent was to pay for an hour session and have it "planted" in our photo folio or room as a "Free Session". The photo team told me don't worry about paying for anything until we figure it all out.

Long story short, we did an impromptu photoshoot at no charge. We worked it out so the photog would be in a certain place at a certain time to "capture the moment". Because he had time right after, he did a quick shoot with us at no charge. I'm sure their thinking was... "if we take great photos, they'll buy them!". I slipped him a $50 tip that surprised him.

Remind you, this was on NCL, I'm not sure what type of photo packages RCL will offer; however, we got the 10 pic package for $199.99 if I'm not mistaken. The plus, we were able to get them on a thumb drive as well so we can do what we want with the 10 we selected (i.e. canvas, larger prints). We could've easily picked 20-30 good photos.

My intent was to pay for an hour session and have it "planted" in our photo folio or room as a "Free Session". The photo team told me don't worry about paying for anything until we figure it all out.

Long story short, we did an impromptu photoshoot at no charge. We worked it out so the photog would be in a certain place at a certain time to "capture the moment". Because he had time right after, he did a quick shoot with us at no charge. I'm sure their thinking was... "if we take great photos, they'll buy them!". I slipped him a $50 tip that surprised him.

Remind you, this was on NCL, I'm not sure what type of photo packages RCL will offer; however, we got the 10 pic package for $199.99 if I'm not mistaken. The plus, we were able to get them on a thumb drive as well so we can do what we want with the 10 we selected (i.e. canvas, larger prints). We could've easily picked 20-30 good photos.

Great :) thank you for your help.

I sent a request to RCL crew now.

I hope i can publish the perfect moment picture here later :D

• 2 weeks later...

If it were me I'd have to go with somewhere in Central Park. There is a small tunnel area with a bench that leads into the patio of Giovanni's that might be perfect. If I remember it is right across from the Trellis bar. It can be a little dark out there after sunset so you may want to shoot before dinner.

You could hand someone the camera and just ask them to take a picture of you two and they will be surprised when you get down on one knee. Maybe have your girlfriend stand somewhere so you can secretly give the stranger a heads up.

Keep an eye out for someone carrying a DSLR... they have a better chance of knowing how to use your camera.

If all else fails, recreate the moment for photographs :)

I have great pictures of our "proposal" in St. Thomas... even though the real proposal happened in our stateroom directly after muster drill the night before, haha.

Edited by PensFan1028

• 2 weeks later...

I was on another line that had a photo with the captain for one of the formal nights and a guy at our dinner table chose then to propose. I forget who told the captain just before and they got a photo of him proposing then one with them and the captain. It was really nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I proposed to my now wife on the Freedom of the Seas. I did it on our balcony before sailaway. We saw 2 couples get engaged in Central Park during our Allure cruise a few years back.

The helipad idea is pretty cool. I think it all depends on the personality of your girlfriend. My wife made a point of telling me she did not want a big scene when I proposed which is why I opted for the privacy of our balcony. Just something to consider.

If you have that money to spend, a better idea for it might be to take her to the NextCruise office. After booking, explain you hope that will be your honeymoon, then drop the rock!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's pretty strong!

Edited by M&JfromSDL

We were on the Navigator behind a family with young adult children. After a few family pictures, the young man asked for a picture with his girlfriend. He then went down on one knee and proposed. The photographer kept taking pictures and they would cost what any photo costs. The rest of us in line saw this and people applauded the couple, too. It was a happy moment to witness.

Edited by KansasK