Norwegian Pearl water slide? Pearl vs Disney Wonder?

travelbug4

Hello.

We are considering cruising on the Pearl in Alaska next summer. Does anyone know if it has a waterslide for kids? (14 and 12). I've seen it in one picture but then everywhere else I search there is no slide.

We have always sailed Disney but the prices are so much better on NCL. Has anyone tried both? Are they comparable?

Thanks so much!

Hello.

We are considering cruising on the Pearl in Alaska next summer. Does anyone know if it has a waterslide for kids? (14 and 12). I've seen it in one picture but then everywhere else I search there is no slide.

We have always sailed Disney but the prices are so much better on NCL. Has anyone tried both? Are they comparable?

Thanks so much!

We've been on the Gem which is nearly the same as Pearl and also been on Wonder plus the other DCL ships. With kids that age and what DCL has been charging lately (even worse than before) I'd go on the Pearl. While DCL does it right, you'll have a port intensive trip and it really won't be all that warm for the pool use.

If you haven't researched much on NCL do so and note what things will be extra like costs on the "free" drink and dining packages. Most folks on here will be helpful in explaining things.

The slide was removed in 2013 or 2014 to accommodate sight lines for the music cruises. My understanding is that the plan for the refurb this winter is to open even more sight lines and there will not be a slide installed.