Little French Key Info Needed

Ginwoo

Greetings!

I have a few questions about Little French Key. I submitted a reservation request a week ago and received a brief response indicating someone would contact me. Have not heard anything.

1) What is the correct reservation process?

2) Is payment in USD cash or credit or Honduran currency?

3) Is there a set time we have to go over once the ship docks? Example: If we dock at 9 do we have to go then or if we wanted to go later say 11, can we do that?

4) Can you return to the ship at anytime or is there a set time based on the ship's all aboard time?

Thank you in advance for the info.

Gins

I reserved through their website as well. I was contacted back within 24 hours by a woman named Melissa. If I were you, I might try to contact them again.

All payment is in U.S. dollars and you don't pay until you arrive. I'm under the impression that you can leave at your leisure.

Hope this helps!

We went to LFK in April and returning next month. Sometimes it takes them 3-4 days to respond.

In the email they will explain where to walk and what the rep (probably Dave) will be wearing. Walking outside the cruise terminal initially concerned us, but we had no problems. You need to meet them when the ship arrives, but can go back anytime you want. You will regret no speeding every possible minute on the island. There was nothing in town outside of the terminal to see...in my opinion.

It will be a 30-45 bus ride to their office. Pay US cash to avoid 15% local tax when paying with credit card. After paying they put you on a pontoon boat and it's a 5 minute ride to the island. Take extra cash to tip your attendant at the end and the handler who will let you take pics with a monkey with your own camera.

The property is beautiful. Some of the best snorkeling (guided tour) we have ever experienced and the lunch was very tasty.

Oh...last time we didn't use all our drink coupons or spa treatment cards. The owner was visiting with guest and welcomed us to bring the coupons back in November.

We went to LFK in April and returning next month. Sometimes it takes them 3-4 days to respond.

In the email they will explain where to walk and what the rep (probably Dave) will be wearing. Walking outside the cruise terminal initially concerned us, but we had no problems. You need to meet them when the ship arrives, but can go back anytime you want. You will regret no speeding every possible minute on the island. There was nothing in town outside of the terminal to see...in my opinion.

It will be a 30-45 bus ride to their office. Pay US cash to avoid 15% local tax when paying with credit card. After paying they put you on a pontoon boat and it's a 5 minute ride to the island. Take extra cash to tip your attendant at the end and the handler who will let you take pics with a monkey with your own camera.

The property is beautiful. Some of the best snorkeling (guided tour) we have ever experienced and the lunch was very tasty.

Oh...last time we didn't use all our drink coupons or spa treatment cards. The owner was visiting with guest and welcomed us to bring the coupons back in November.

Hey Wilson! Just went there, Melissa , Albert, and Waylon took awesome care of us on my Bday. Tell them Tanya said hi for me.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for the pictures... Looks lovely but my interest is waning since I can't seem to get any information or confirmation from them.

I have submitted two forms on their website and received their automated response promising a follow up. None receive. I went on their FB page to request information. I was directed to email galan@littlefrenchkey.com.. I did so last week and still no response.

So while I was looking forward to going and it is very beautiful, I'm guessing they are not interested in my business or money since they can't follow up after me using three different channels to contact them.

Very disappointing.

I saw a note someplace which suggested they had been raided for a second time...they may have things other than business taking their time.

I do not like their practices so it doesn't seem any loss to me.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Guest2000 and ginwoo you might do more research on their fb page and their owner Moshe. Yes they were raided multiple times but this year in april the court ruled it was a gross abuse of power and an unjust seizure of the rescued animals. They are still being targeted by the corupt officials because they are independently owned and not in the back pocket of corupt politicians. They are Christian owned and their employees (3 of them fb friend requested me) express their faith which makes me more in favor of supporting them and their son's mission to help abused animals.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Also if you got the reply to the reservation that is all we ever got and followed the instructions on how to locate Dave and Larry all of them are in green polos with frenchy's 44 and their name on their shirts.

Guest2000 and ginwoo you might do more research on their fb page and their owner Moshe. Yes they were raided multiple times but this year in april the court ruled it was a gross abuse of power and an unjust seizure of the rescued animals. They are still being targeted by the corupt officials because they are independently owned and not in the back pocket of corupt politicians. They are Christian owned and their employees (3 of them fb friend requested me) express their faith which makes me more in favor of supporting them and their son's mission to help abused animals.

I understand everyone has there own perceptions but anyone who has a wild cat chained so tourist can swim with it is NOT taking very good care of the animals.

Rehabilitation is one thing, cash for the dancing bear a whole other thing.

I understand everyone has there own perceptions but anyone who has a wild cat chained so tourist can swim with it is NOT taking very good care of the animals.

You really should research more. Yes that used to do that however they had stopped that a long while back long before the animals were season 2014 illegally seized. My opinion is based on fact not assumption

I actually it might be best that you just tay away from them and go with one of the cruise line excursions that are all in the back pocket of the government because little french key doesn't need people who are coming there with a preconceived notion to put them down even more considering there doing what they can against all odds

You really should research more. Yes that used to do that however they had stopped that a long while back long before the animals were season 2014 illegally seized. My opinion is based on fact not assumption

I believe everyone should form their own thoughts and understanding, all I said was I do not like the practices of LFK, their is no reason for you to take offence. I am, as you are, allowed to believe as I will.

My apologies if you believe I am assuming anything. The fact that LFK at any time had a wild cat chained for tourists could play with it goes against my personal grain. You state they stopped doing this in 2014 yet this thread suggests otherwise, check out the date and body of post 13.

My apologies if my personal sensibilities about wild animals goes against yours.

Third world countries are famous for being corrupt, people are desperate, desperate people do desperate things. The owners of LFK, as far as I know, are from else where, they should understand not everything is going to go their way. By the by ~ I once heard a northerner say "All governments are corrupt, some just hide it better than others." Third world countries don't hide much of anything.

One added thought, I have not been on a cruise, I am not really cruise material. I do travel a fair amount including some fair dodgy places, I have stayed on the island, more often than not in accommodation which is owned and operated by locals, almost annually for up to three months over the past 16 years. I offer my understanding and experience on the island to help people here.

Once again, my apologies for upsetting you.

I believe everyone should form their own thoughts and understanding, all I said was I do not like the practices of LFK, their is no reason for you to take offence. I am, as you are, allowed to believe as I will. The offense is that your statements here on a cruise forum are not based on facts

My apologies if you believe I am assuming anything. The fact that LFK at any time had a wild cat chained for tourists could play with it goes against my personal grain. You state they stopped doing this in 2014 yet this thread suggests otherwise, check out the date and body of post 13. Post 13 was my post and it says nothing of that, in fact you were the only one to indicate this is a current practice which is is not. personal experience I was there in April and again in September

My apologies if my personal sensibilities about wild animals goes against yours.

Third world countries are famous for being corrupt, people are desperate, desperate people do desperate things. The owners of LFK, as far as I know, are from else where, they should understand not everything is going to go their way. By the by ~ I once heard a northerner say "All governments are corrupt, some just hide it better than others." Third world countries don't hide much of anything.

One added thought, I have not been on a cruise, I am not really cruise material. I do travel a fair amount including some fair dodgy places, I have stayed on the island, more often than not in accommodation which is owned and operated by locals, almost annually for up to three months over the past 16 years. I offer my understanding and experience on the island to help people here. Why then are you offering assumed comments on a cruise forum if you have visited them or know personally any of your statements great, but your assumptions are not only disproved here but also on Trip advisor

Once again, my apologies for upsetting you.

Ginwoo I certainly hope you give them a chance and not base your decision on that of a person who does not have first hand experience with this business

Happy cruising

I just noticed the package we have for January (Full Island Package) has just two drinks PP. Not much for a full day. Anyone know what they charge for additional beers/drinks?

They offered 6 additional drink tickets for $20 or said we could open a tab. We did the tab and still only spent 30 and it seemed like we had probably 12-15 between the two of us (this includes water too)

They offered 6 additional drink tickets for $20 or said we could open a tab. We did the tab and still only spent 30 and it seemed like we had probably 12-15 between the two of us (this includes water too)

Perfect, thanks. Did you pay the tab in cash? Just want to be sure to bring enough. :D

Perfect, thanks. Did you pay the tab in cash? Just want to be sure to bring enough. :D

Yes i had brought extra cash for that same reason.

Just a note the have a gift store i got a these two and another metal turtle for $60, i checked similar items at the port and i would have paid double.

41adc714f16d6bed8e79b457ffa49680.jpg

Thanks so much for the pictures... Looks lovely but my interest is waning since I can't seem to get any information or confirmation from them.

I have submitted two forms on their website and received their automated response promising a follow up. None receive. I went on their FB page to request information. I was directed to email galan@littlefrenchkey.com.. I did so last week and still no response.

So while I was looking forward to going and it is very beautiful, I'm guessing they are not interested in my business or money since they can't follow up after me using three different channels to contact them.

Very disappointing.

I know it's too late for you but someone may appreciate this info from LFK website:

“Please understand that the Internet service and electricity here in Paradise on an Island off an Island in The Caribbean can be sporadic depending on the weather and the service providers. We will respond with a confirmation upon first available opportunity. However, please be advised that our drivers are always at both Ports of Roatan on days when Cruise ships are in Port and you can use their services to arrive at our location even if your reservation confirmation did not reach you on time.

For the convenience of our guests

Reservations are recommended, however, if you do not get a chance to reserve with us and are at any Roatan Port and wish to visit us, regardless you can reach our drivers Dave or Larry who are always present at the port’s gate to make the necessary arrangement to visit us. You can also call us at 504-3304-5776 anytime for pick-up and transportation.